The Student Room Group

as economics wjec 15/05/17

how did you guys find it?
I found it okay but VERY time pressured.
I feel like grade boundaries will be high though.. (eduqas btw)
Reply 2
Original post by ObsidianGhost
I found it okay but VERY time pressured.
I feel like grade boundaries will be high though.. (eduqas btw)

i found the paper very off tbh
i was hoping grade boundaries would be low since last year it was 36/60 for an A even though the 2016 paper was better in my opinion
Original post by davist
i found the paper very off tbh
i was hoping grade boundaries would be low since last year it was 36/60 for an A even though the 2016 paper was better in my opinion

What did you find off about it?
Idk if this one was better than 2016 but a lot of people came out saying they'd done okay rather than badly so I don't think it was that difficult, although I don't think I did particularly well tbh.
Reply 4
What did you find off about it?
Idk if this one was better than 2016 but a lot of people came out saying they'd done okay rather than badly so I don't think it was that difficult, although I don't think I did particularly well tbh.

the wording of the questions and the unusual contexts of the questions.
like the almond question for instance.
timing is also very unfair in this exam

edit:
how many marks do you think you got?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by davist
the wording of the questions and the unusual contexts of the questions.
like the almond question for instance.
timing is also very unfair in this exam

edit:
how many marks do you think you got?

Oh yeah true the wording and contexts were a bit odd. I tried to count my marks but I really don't know and I'm bad at evaluation so I don't think I scored highly on those questions. I'm hoping for a mark in the 40s but I I just want an A tbh (so wishing for low grade boundaries😁).

What about you?
Reply 6
Oh yeah true the wording and contexts were a bit odd. I tried to count my marks but I really don't know and I'm bad at evaluation so I don't think I scored highly on those questions. I'm hoping for a mark in the 40s but I I just want an A tbh (so wishing for low grade boundaries😁).

What about you?

i think i got in the region of 35-40
you probably got an A if you managed to score in the 40s
i'm hoping for a B
hopefully component 2 turns out better
Reply 7
Found it difficult and time pressured. In the whole past of the exam it has been 35 for an A. However on two occasions it has been 33 and on one occasion 37.
Reply 8
Original post by tbalysz
Found it difficult and time pressured. In the whole past of the exam it has been 35 for an A. However on two occasions it has been 33 and on one occasion 37.

was it not 36 last year?
what are your predictions for the grade boundaries of this paper?
Reply 9
Original post by davist
was it not 36 last year?
what are your predictions for the grade boundaries of this paper?

I personally found it quite hard. I do not want to jinx it but perhaps 35
Reply 10
Original post by tbalysz
I personally found it quite hard. I do not want to jinx it but perhaps 35

most people seem to have found the paper quite difficult, so 35 may not be far stretched.
Reply 11
I think the 10 markers were rather hard aswell. But assessing monetary policy was okay
I hope that the data response won't be too difficult. My best hope is the data response, hoping to get a B
Original post by Kaho2000
I hope that the data response won't be too difficult. My best hope is the data response, hoping to get a B

Original post by tbalysz
I think the 10 markers were rather hard aswell. But assessing monetary policy was okay

Original post by davist
most people seem to have found the paper quite difficult, so 35 may not be far stretched.

How did you guys find the paper today?
Reply 14

i found this paper quite good
but the timing was a problem for me once again
Original post by davist
i found this paper quite good
but the timing was a problem for me once again

Yeah I think this paper was better than component 1. Did you not finish or just about?
What did you get for the calculation questions btw?
Reply 16
Yeah I think this paper was better than component 1. Did you not finish or just about?
What did you get for the calculation questions btw?

I finished the paper but i had to rush the last 2 questions
for the index calculation i got 110.1%
and the percentage increase as 25%
wbu?
Original post by davist
I finished the paper but i had to rush the last 2 questions
for the index calculation i got 110.1%
and the percentage increase as 25%
wbu?

Yeah I rushed mostly the last question but I couldn't figure it out and now I realise what it meant.. I got the same for the percentage increase and 110.2 for the index calculation. What do you think grade boundaries will be like?

well the first data response was fairly easy and timing was perfect, but when i got onto the second paper i started stressing a bit cause it was wordy and I got a bit overwhelmed. But overall I think i did okay.

how did you find the paper today?
Reply 19
anyone remember the questions on the papers component 1?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending