The Student Room Group

Bioscience Enterprise - Cambridge MPhil

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone has applied to this course, if so, has anyone heard back/been successful in applying!
Reply 1
Hi,Yes I did apply.
Reply 2
Original post by Sophie6879
How did you get on? How was the application process?

This particular forum is mostly for undergrad applicants.

Have a look at:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4839450
Official CAMBRIDGE 2018 Postgraduate Applicants thread

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Sophie6879
How did you get on? How was the application process?

I unfortunatley didnt get a place, very competitive! They're looking for people with business experience already, best of luck!
Reply 4
hi, any updates? I have sent my application in around a month ago havent heard back yet
i am trying to apply right now but i cant seem to upload my transcript to the portal for some reason. anyone else had this issue?
Original post by sfk95
hi, any updates? I have sent my application in around a month ago havent heard back yet

Any updates? I'm considering to apply for the 2019 intake but worried that I might not even be considered lol
Reply 7
Original post by JamesPichien
Any updates? I'm considering to apply for the 2019 intake but worried that I might not even be considered lol

Well you won't even be considered if you don't apply... :wink:

There's no restriction to the number of postgrad courses anyone can apply for so there's absolutely nothing to lose if you apply. If you are likely to meet their typical requirements you are pretty likely to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
Well you won't even be considered if you don't apply... :wink:

There's no restriction to the number of postgrad courses anyone can apply for so there's absolutely nothing to lose if you apply. If you are likely to meet their typical requirements you are pretty likely to get an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Doonesbury! thanks for your reply!

Well what are their 'typical requirements'? :afraid:

I am a final year BSc Medical Biotechnology student with a 3.7 GPA, active in clubs and student ambassador activities, with a 3-month internship under the marketing and business department in a bio-based company. I know its not much, but do you think its alright? :biggrin:
Reply 9
Hi Doonesbury! thanks for your reply!

Well what are their 'typical requirements'? :afraid:

I am a final year BSc Medical Biotechnology student with a 3.7 GPA, active in clubs and student ambassador activities, with a 3-month internship under the marketing and business department in a bio-based company. I know its not much, but do you think its alright? :biggrin:

What does it say on the course info page?
Original post by Doonesbury
What does it say on the course info page?

Well their minimum requirement is 2:i honours or a 3.5 GPA. But I also found this on their admissions page:

"Entry to the programme is highly competitive, with many applications received for every place. Approximately 25 students are accepted annually on the basis of a written submission, followed by interview. The strongest applicants have a record of high academic achievement and relevant work or professional postgraduate experience, gained in an academic, industrial or business environment. Each year a number of first class new graduates are also accepted."

So what do you think?
Reply 11
Well their minimum requirement is 2:i honours or a 3.5 GPA. But I also found this on their admissions page:

"Entry to the programme is highly competitive, with many applications received for every place. Approximately 25 students are accepted annually on the basis of a written submission, followed by interview. The strongest applicants have a record of high academic achievement and relevant work or professional postgraduate experience, gained in an academic, industrial or business environment. Each year a number of first class new graduates are also accepted."

So what do you think?

The number of places tells you precisely nothing about how competitive it is. Every course is competitive at Cambridge. Ask them how many applicants they have and the number of offers they make.

Anyway, I think you apply...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending