The Student Room Group

Unintentional gap year

Hey!!

I had planned on going to university this year but due to not getting an offer from the university that I really wanted to go to I ended up rejecting my other offers. I feel like this was the right decision but now I don't know what to do!!

I want to study history and politics at university and need to work for like 2/3 days a week to stay at home but aside from that what do I do??? I considered seeking some sort of volenteer placement with like the local records office or a national trust property? Maybe something political but I'm not sure what... I really want to make sure that I'm not wasting my year but need more ideas!!!!

Original post by han1234678
Hey!!

I had planned on going to university this year but due to not getting an offer from the university that I really wanted to go to I ended up rejecting my other offers. I feel like this was the right decision but now I don't know what to do!!

I want to study history and politics at university and need to work for like 2/3 days a week to stay at home but aside from that what do I do??? I considered seeking some sort of volenteer placement with like the local records office or a national trust property? Maybe something political but I'm not sure what... I really want to make sure that I'm not wasting my year but need more ideas!!!!

Have a look at maybe work experience available at your local council or even at the Houses of Parliament.

Could take up a sport as well, maybe go to a running track and practise there..

Quick Reply

Latest