The Student Room Group

Relationships are complicated??

Everyone says that "SET BOUNDARIES AND ENFORCE THEM RUTHLESSLY" in relationship. Do these boundaries also apply in romantic relationships. What are these boundaries and to how much extent these must be applied?
Original post by Anonymous #1
Everyone says that "SET BOUNDARIES AND ENFORCE THEM RUTHLESSLY" in relationship. Do these boundaries also apply in romantic relationships. What are these boundaries and to how much extent these must be applied?

Yeah even in romantic relationships there’s boundaries to which apply to suit the comfort of you and your other. What do you mean by “extent” before we clarify this further…?
Reply 2
Original post by Mohammed_80

Yeah even in romantic relationships there’s boundaries to which apply to suit the comfort of you and your other. What do you mean by “extent” before we clarify this further…?

Can you give me some insight of what are these? Extent means should there be any flexibility if someone if someone unintentionally cross the limit?

Can you give me some insight of what are these? Extent means should there be any flexibility if someone if someone unintentionally cross the limit?

If you set a boundary which limits your partner from touching you, then later they trip and fall onto you, I believe some flexibility should be given. At least that's how I imagine the word unintentional to be applied. If your boundary is crossed due to a point of straight negligence on their part, then it is their fault. But different relationships will have different boundaries and it's all about what you and your partner are comfortable with.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #2

If you set a boundary which limits your partner from touching you, then later they trip and fall onto you, I believe some flexibility should be given. At least that's how I imagine the word unintentional to be applied. If your boundary is crossed due to a point of straight negligence on their part, then it is their fault. But different relationships will have different boundaries and it's all about what you and your partner are comfortable with.

If It's a LDR, and my girlfriend talks to a so called guy best friend and I have came to know from some other reliable source with proof that she do intimate talks and tell everything to him on text/call. And there's almost possible that she have shared intimacy over the texting because she knows and in contact with him from previous 5 years. Because she usually talks to him at night and you know at these hours mostly people have tendency to share intimate things because of different hormonal surge .. What should be done?

For example if my partner doesn’t want me to talk to any other girls beside her and the only circumstances would be for working purposes then that’s respectable a boundary or not for me to earn my respect and be known as a man is to treat my partner right with respect obviously making her feel loved and valued and that my commitment and loyalty always to her regardless I ain’t a type of those boys that plays the feeling of an individual around that’s just horrible and brutal. Treat her since she’s yours as a princess the way to go by it
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous #2

If It's a LDR, and my girlfriend talks to a so called guy best friend and I have came to know from some other reliable source with proof that she do intimate talks and tell everything to him on text/call. And there's almost possible that she have shared intimacy over the texting because she knows and in contact with him from previous 5 years. Because she usually talks to him at night and you know at these hours mostly people have tendency to share intimate things because of different hormonal surge .. What should be done?

You should talk to her about it. Tell her what you know and see what she says. Then it's your call if you believe it or not. You can take your time to decide etc just whatever you're comfortable with. You're with someone to be happy remember not to stress

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending