The Student Room Group

I feel like I messed up my life

Got a 2.2 and academic misconduct on my dissertation. Accidentally did it because it was unintentional and I wrote about something completely new. I regret that decision every day.
Original post by Anonymous
Got a 2.2 and academic misconduct on my dissertation. Accidentally did it because it was unintentional and I wrote about something completely new. I regret that decision every day.

Hey!
I'm sorry to hear about the 2.2 and academic misconduct on your dissertation. That really sucks. Accidentally plagiarizing or committing academic misconduct is a serious issue, and universities are pretty strict about it.

If you genuinely believe that what happened was unintentional, you could try talking to your academic advisor or faculty member to see if there's anything you can do to appeal the decision. But if not, you'll just have to learn from this experience and make sure you don't make the same mistake again in the future.

It's important to remember that everyone messes up sometimes. The key is to take responsibility and learn from it. Maybe familiarize yourself with your university's academic integrity policies, double-check your sources, and always cite anything that's not your own idea.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Best Wishes
Priya :smile:
Postgraduate Ambassador
University of Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending