The Student Room Group

WJEC Law LA2

Anybody have any predictions as to what will come up in tomorrow's exam?
Reply 1
Statutory Interpretation is there every year with the same question, just explain all four rules with relevant cases and some advantages and disadvantages. It's usually paired with human rights, precedent or delegated legislation so I'd suggest knowing those although they could ask anything as a part A.

Apart from those, EU law is likely to come up as well as the judiciary and law reform. Doubt legislation or the legal profession will come up and if it does you can always chose a different question. As there are only four questions compared to six, your safest bet is knowing majority of topics but know statutory interpretation because it's there every year without fail.
Reply 2
How'd you find the exam? What Q's did you answer?! This is like the only WJEC law thread i can find :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by JoshL2
How'd you find the exam? What Q's did you answer?! This is like the only WJEC law thread i can find :tongue:

I answered the two-part question on human rights because I knew a lot of it from LA1 and I answered the question on statutory interpretation. In hindsight, I wish I had done the question on the Law Commission.

What about you?
Reply 4
Fair enough, I'm not keen on HRA or EU myself. I did the one on law commission and statutory interpretation. My 4a was too long because I rambled on about aids, presumptions and rules of language at the end so I ran out of time on my 4b and only did 2/3rds of a page.
What did you write about for the scenario?
Reply 5
Original post by JoshL2
Fair enough, I'm not keen on HRA or EU myself. I did the one on law commission and statutory interpretation. My 4a was too long because I rambled on about aids, presumptions and rules of language at the end so I ran out of time on my 4b and only did 2/3rds of a page.
What did you write about for the scenario?

I ran out of time on 4B too. I just applied each rule to the scenario and spoke a little about aids and the use of hansard. I did about 1 1/4 pages but the last paragraph was done in a minute or two so doubt I'll pick any marks up for it. They should really give more than an hour and a half.
Reply 6
Yeah I tried to do that but it was proper rushed so probs less than half marks for me!
And yeah I always find it very tight for time too
judiciray and statutory interpretation! Found QA for statutory interpretation odd though
Original post by jonjo789
I ran out of time on 4B too. I just applied each rule to the scenario and spoke a little about aids and the use of hansard. I did about 1 1/4 pages but the last paragraph was done in a minute or two so doubt I'll pick any marks up for it. They should really give more than an hour and a half.

I thought I answered that wrong but now I've seen this I feel so much better because I wrote about all of them too!
Reply 9
Original post by Mynameistaken1
I thought I answered that wrong but now I've seen this I feel so much better because I wrote about all of them too!

Yeah, typically you have to fully explain each rule but as that was question A only thing you can do is apply to rule and examiner report says more detailed answers tend to include aids of interpretation so as long as you've mentioned them you should be in the higher marking band.
Reply 10
Either of you two doing re-sits?
How you feeling about LA3 and LA4?
Original post by JoshL2
Either of you two doing re-sits?
How you feeling about LA3 and LA4?

I have no motivation for LA3 and 4 anymore😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending