The Student Room Group

A Level Options to get into UOB?

I’m in year 11 and have applied to college to do Law, Business and Applied Criminology however i’ve just seen University of Birmingham don’t accept crim as an A Level. What should i do instead?
Original post by DanBrum
I’m in year 11 and have applied to college to do Law, Business and Applied Criminology however i’ve just seen University of Birmingham don’t accept crim as an A Level. What should i do instead?

It depends on what degree course that you want to do. I can't recommend you to do say French when you want to do a degree in biochemistry.

Birmingham Uni (also known as Brum - not trying to offend, just thought you might find it interesting to note) tend to be OK with a wide range of subjects. I would however, play it safe and go for a more academic subject just in case.

For the heads up, those who did A Level Law (I didn't do it) don't recommend taking it at A Level for a myriad of reasons.

If you want, you can specify your interests, strengths, weaknesses. It might also be helpful if you say what field you want to go into for a career after graduation, since that would clarify a lot of things.
Reply 2
That's because 'Criminology' isn't an A level. Its a daft WJEC Applied Diploma with no academic credibility because it is full of 'true crime' nonsense and no social science theory.

Look at another essay based A level subject like Sociology, Politics etc.

Quick Reply

Latest