GCSE AQA Sociology Unit 2 Thursday 18th May 2017

Watch
studentbeast
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How did people find this paper? I thought the paper would be difficult but it was easy.
anonymoussse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i liked it ..i'm feeling quite confident about it (I'm aiming for a low A or a high B)
studentbeast
Rep:
?
(Original post by ggxsywes)
i liked it ..i'm feeling quite confident about it (I'm aiming for a low A or a high B)
That's good. Do you remember the two mark questions for mass media and social inequality?
anonymoussse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by studentbeast)
That's good. Do you remember the two mark questions for mass media and social inequality?
i dont know about social inequality but the mass media one was 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of young people using social media more...
I never remember the questions after the exam lol . I couldn't even tell which topic was more difficult because i didn't exactly go in order.
ohmygod i answered the first question about which ethnicity was more likely to commit crime the moment the invigilator told us to stop writing ..i could've easily lost 1 mark
AnnieBrett-Smith
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Found unit 1 alright but unit 2 quite hard! The 12 marker on unit one about marriage still being important threw me! In unit 2 I basically guessed all of the 12 markers - anyone else recycle copycat violence and desensitisation for 2 consecutive questions??? The one and two markers also seemed really hard this year? I also was shorter on time than usual - anybody else?
studentbeast
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnnieBrett-Smith)
Found unit 1 alright but unit 2 quite hard! The 12 marker on unit one about marriage still being important threw me! In unit 2 I basically guessed all of the 12 markers - anyone else recycle copycat violence and desensitisation for 2 consecutive questions??? The one and two markers also seemed really hard this year? I also was shorter on time than usual - anybody else?
The 12 markers were alright you know. It could have been a lot worse. Yeah some of the one and two markers were a bit difficult too
fii_xox
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i thought paper 1 was a piece of p** but paper 2 was hard, i admit. i recycled most of my answers for the 12 markers and just did loads of reasons for both sides so hopefully i will do okay. i don't think that paper will make the grade boundaries any lower though, my teacher thought it was a decent paper and she's usually a good judge of those kinda things.

good luck to everyone anyway
Eth123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I found the 2 marker about what makes a democratic society quite hard
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
i dont know about social inequality but the mass media one was 1 advantage and 1 disadvantage of young people using social media more...
I never remember the questions after the exam lol . I couldn't even tell which topic was more difficult because i didn't exactly go in order.
ohmygod i answered the first question about which ethnicity was more likely to commit crime the moment the invigilator told us to stop writing ..i could've easily lost 1 mark
What did you write ?
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The 2 marker was how do we measure crime right ? Victim surveys self report studies
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1 marker was editors
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AnnieBrett-Smith)
Should've done the extended family as it's an easier markscheme to get a 12 😉
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
DID ANYONE GET EDITORS FOR THE 1 marker in MASS MEDIA , it was so confusing
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyone recall editors for 1 marker
Eth123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by studentbeast)
How did people find this paper? I thought the paper would be difficult but it was easy.
Did u get editors for the 1 marker in mass media
TheMocks
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey, i have my sociology mock paper2 2017 tomorrow, Does anyone remember the 5 markers for Mass Media??? Or the 12 markers for crime??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (104)
50.73%
No (101)
49.27%

Watched Threads