The Student Room Group

Exam Nerves

Anyone got any tips on how to reduce exam nerves? I get nervous before everything , always have , even class tests. I could manage such nerves at GCSE and did very well however I Had my maths C1 exam the other day, revised a lot , got in looked at every question knew how to answer every single one but through pure nerves panicked and made a lot of stupid mistakes which I realised when I looked over pictures of he paper at home . So yeah any tips on how to suppress these huge nerves ?? Cheers
Original post by HM99pcm
Anyone got any tips on how to reduce exam nerves? I get nervous before everything , always have , even class tests. I could manage such nerves at GCSE and did very well however I Had my maths C1 exam the other day, revised a lot , got in looked at every question knew how to answer every single one but through pure nerves panicked and made a lot of stupid mistakes which I realised when I looked over pictures of he paper at home . So yeah any tips on how to suppress these huge nerves ?? Cheers

Have you tried calming remedies? You can get them in Boots/Superdrug etc, in fact, I think one brand is called Calms or Kalms or something like that, and it's a spray mist you spray onto your tongue and it calms your nerves. A lot of people use it for exams :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by AaronNaughton
Have you tried calming remedies? You can get them in Boots/Superdrug etc, in fact, I think one brand is called Calms or Kalms or something like that, and it's a spray mist you spray onto your tongue and it calms your nerves. A lot of people use it for exams :smile:

Funnily enough I had and had actually forgotten about them ! I used them once or twice in GCSE and they did seems to actually work , placebo or not they did work , so I'm actually going to get some , thanks for reminding !!
Original post by HM99pcm
Funnily enough I had and had actually forgotten about them ! I used them once or twice in GCSE and they did seems to actually work , placebo or not they did work , so I'm actually going to get some , thanks for reminding !!

You're welcome :smile: I've known of many people that they've helped :smile:
Igu..some parts of the C1 exam was messed anyway..no high hopes for C2 either.
Reply 5
Original post by sulaimanali
Igu..some parts of the C1 exam was messed anyway..no high hopes for C2 either.

Thing is I coildve done so much better I just kept doing parts of questions twice over cos o wasn't trusting myself and everything but I do think I prefer c2 except a few nasty arthritic series or geometric progression problems , and of course the bloody arcs and sectors
completely agree with u @HM99pcm
Original post by AaronNaughton

i need this before my c2 exam
does it work :smile:
cant let nerves get the better of me
thanks
Original post by mathshelppp
i need this before my c2 exam
does it work :smile:
cant let nerves get the better of me
thanks

I've not tried it myself, as I don't get exam nerves, but I know those who have and swear by it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest