The Student Room Group

How to avoid overheating in GCSE exam?!

In my Friday exam, I was so warm I was getting sweaty and sleepy. My hands were all clammy so couldn't write to well (luckily it was just bio). Any tips on how not to let it distract me? I get extra time so my exams are super long, therefore I avoid overdrinking as I can't go to the loo. Sounds silly but this is a real problem.
Reply 1
Could you bring some water but cool it so you don't need to drink as much to keep yourself cool? I'm not 100% sure if you are allowed ice in water, but I don't see why it would be an issue. Can't seem to find any information on it, but even so you could leave your water in the fridge for as long as you can before an exam
Reply 2
Original post by jjeeeeeea
Could you bring some water but cool it so you don't need to drink as much to keep yourself cool? I'm not 100% sure if you are allowed ice in water, but I don't see why it would be an issue. Can't seem to find any information on it, but even so you could leave your water in the fridge for as long as you can before an exam

Good idea. BTW I do drink but I have to limit myself (I tend to drink about 3 glasses an hour normally).
Blazer off if u hv to wear one definetly keep hydrated
Reply 4
Original post by Glemon
In my Friday exam, I was so warm I was getting sweaty and sleepy. My hands were all clammy so couldn't write to well (luckily it was just bio). Any tips on how not to let it distract me? I get extra time so my exams are super long, therefore I avoid overdrinking as I can't go to the loo. Sounds silly but this is a real problem.

Heya!

To manage the discomfort during exams, try these tips: First, dress in light and breathable clothing to regulate body temperature. Second, make sure to stay hydrated! Finally, practice relaxation techniques, such as deep breathing, to help calm your nerves and maintain focus. Remember, it's important to find what works best for you and create a comfortable exam environment to optimise your performance! :h:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest