I know they drop two of your lowest grades
Someone help
Original post by Anonymous
I just got my result back
I need to resit two of my exams
What happens if I dont pass them?
Someone help

Impossible to tell without specific details on what your course handbook sets out for this kind of situation, it differs from place to place and will likely take account of any backstory, e.g mitigating circumstances cases etc. Some universities allow three attempts at finals exams, but with capped marks for retakes unless a mit circ case is accepted.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Impossible to tell without specific details on what your course handbook sets out for this kind of situation, it differs from place to place and will likely take account of any backstory, e.g mitigating circumstances cases etc. Some universities allow three attempts at finals exams, but with capped marks for retakes unless a mit circ case is accepted.

thank you for the help
Original post by Anonymous
I just got my result back
I need to resit two of my exams
What happens if I dont pass them?
Someone help

Anon,

Try not to think the worst.

Try and focus on passing the resits.

Get in contact with your tutor to discuss your next steps.

Don't panic. Find out when the resits are and start planning how you will revise in the lead up to those exams.

Also, take time to think about what may have affected you last time and see if there is any way you can prevent that from being an issue a second time round. Was it nerves, lack of sleep, worrying about other things, forgetting to revise a big topic or spending too long on questions worth only a few marks? Reflect, identify the problem and try to resolve it.

All the best!

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending