The Student Room Group

psychology as aqa

can i use the bobo dolls experiment in my analysis/evaluation for behaviourist approach
i don't know how to include it
no. the behaviourist approach only includes classical and operant conditioning. You can only mention SLT and the bobo doll experiment if the question asks about the learning approach! you wont get any marks if you mention it as part of the behaviorist approach!
I wouldn't. the main evaluative points for the behaviourist approach is regarding the sample and the type of experiment. Pros being that lab experiments produce objective results, which are not influenced by extraneous variables because of the controlled conditions. The cons would be regarding ethics due to Skinner's experiments with the rats, and also the fact that the animals used in the experiments do not have the same neurological structures as humans and therefore the results cannot be directly applied.

I would use the Bobo dolls experiment in the evaluation of the social learning theory, to argue that SLT disregards biological factors which are proven in the Bobo dolls experiment which Bandura conducted, the results consistently showed that boys were more likely to show aggressive behaviour towards the doll than girls, this could've been linked to higher levels of testosterone in boys, which suggests biological factors play an important role in SLT.
Original post by hannahaaria
no. the behaviourist approach only includes classical and operant conditioning. You can only mention SLT and the bobo doll experiment if the question asks about the learning approach! you wont get any marks if you mention it as part of the behaviorist approach!

Original post by _princessxox
I wouldn't. the main evaluative points for the behaviourist approach is regarding the sample and the type of experiment. Pros being that lab experiments produce objective results, which are not influenced by extraneous variables because of the controlled conditions. The cons would be regarding ethics due to Skinner's experiments with the rats, and also the fact that the animals used in the experiments do not have the same neurological structures as humans and therefore the results cannot be directly applied.

I would use the Bobo dolls experiment in the evaluation of the social learning theory, to argue that SLT disregards biological factors which are proven in the Bobo dolls experiment which Bandura conducted, the results consistently showed that boys were more likely to show aggressive behaviour towards the doll than girls, this could've been linked to higher levels of testosterone in boys, which suggests biological factors play an important role in SLT.

thanks so much especially @_princessxox is it ok if i use those points
Original post by firevixen
thanks so much especially @_princessxox is it ok if i use those points

yeah of course :smile: good luck

Quick Reply

Latest