The Student Room Group

Rate my study plan (A-lvl stem student + psych)

I've sorted out a plan and just want to hear from year 13s and uni students if they think this routine will set me for an A* (given that i obviously put in the hard work too):
IF ANY YEAR 12S HAVE ANY ROUTINE THEY THINK IS EFFECTIVE PLEASE LMK TOOO!!!!

Chemistry:
-> Make notes from Allery chem
-> Add onto the notes using chemrevise + AQA chemistry textbook
-> Finish every pmt question after finishing a topic
-> Make flashcards once i'm confident in topic

Biology:
-> Make notes from freesciencelessons
-> Add notes from Miss Estruch (she's not my primary note provider since I don't understand her videos and personally don't feel like she covers EVERYTHING) + AQA biology textbook
-> Finish every pmt questions after finishing a topic
-> Use pre-written notes to turn into flashcards (i found them online and they're a god send, idk how to attach them here tho so i'll post a link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5062288
-> Make flashcards once I'm confident in topic (using my own notes)

Psychology:
-> Use Psychboost to make my notes (my main sources of notes are utube channels since i concentrate more for sum reason)
-> Use oxford AQA psychology A level book for A03 points
-> Make case study flashcards

^ Idk how to revise for psychology ngl lols
(edited 5 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11
^ Is that the link? It was hidden till i edited the comment
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by limbobimbo
I've sorted out a plan and just want to hear from year 13s and uni students if they think this routine will set me for an A* (given that i obviously put in the hard work too):

Chemistry:

Biology:
-> Add notes from Miss Estruch (she's not my primary note provider since I don't understand her videos and personally don't feel like she covers EVERYTHING) + AQA biology textbook
-> Use pre-written notes to turn into flashcards (i found them online and they're a god send, idk how to attach them here tho so i'll post a link https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5062288

Psychology:
-> Use Psychboost to make my notes (my main sources of notes are utube channels since i concentrate more for sum reason)

I can try to help. In psychology, look at case studies and apply the knowledge you learn in each topic to the case studies. Imagine you are a therapist. What information do you need to understand and help your patient? What variables have influenced them? What factors are in their environment? What treatments are available? It becomes more than a story. Try not to get upset with some stories you may see. Also, i never studied psychology. I work in healthcare.
Reply 4
Original post by AAA_KS
Original post by limbobimbo

Chemistry:

Biology:

Psychology:

I can try to help. In psychology, look at case studies and apply the knowledge you learn in each topic to the case studies. Imagine you are a therapist. What information do you need to understand and help your patient? What variables have influenced them? What factors are in their environment? What treatments are available? It becomes more than a story. Try not to get upset with some stories you may see. Also, i never studied psychology. I work in healthcare.

Lmao love how honest u got in the end but ty u deffo mentioned sum key factors. Rly appreciate that!!

Tots forgot how important variables r in psychology

Quick Reply

Latest