The Student Room Group

Heya unsure what to do

So im currently finishing my first year of college doing 2 btecs 2 a levels (btecs are games design and ict. a levels anre english lang and media). Really good at ICT and stuff but what i really want to do is continue down the games design path. Ive looked around and there seem to be no jobs at all in that field nor are there any apprenticeships. Any advice as i really want to pursue games design as a career.
Reply 1
Original post by jjdad
So im currently finishing my first year of college doing 2 btecs 2 a levels (btecs are games design and ict. a levels anre english lang and media). Really good at ICT and stuff but what i really want to do is continue down the games design path. Ive looked around and there seem to be no jobs at all in that field nor are there any apprenticeships. Any advice as i really want to pursue games design as a career.

My advice to you would be research. Reseach how people become game designers whether you need to go to uni and take a course or if you can get an apprenticeship. If you can find a company which focuses on game design speak to them diresctly, ask them what they would be looking in someone when employing them and if you are lucky they might take you on as an apprentice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending