The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Please do not eat past papers. This is bad for your health.
Also, if you've got coursework just keep on improving it (if you're permitted to do so) and make sure you've got everything covered on the mark scheme.
Well, I'm starting my AS's next year so I'm not speaking from experience but I would assume that all you can do to get an A is practice as much as you can and learn the mark schemes. It really depends on how much effort you're willing to put in.
Don't get complacent for a start... I got a very high A* at GCSE without much revision and assumed that a moderate amount of revision would be enough for AS level... it isn't :frown:

Learn the scientific terminology and use it...in the 8/9 mark questions it's that you'll get marks on. Do LOTS of past papers, this was my main mistake last year. And...most importantly... don't leave everything until the end to revise it, revise it as you go along and then re-revise shortly before the exams!

At the end of the day though, you CAN retake it if it goes wrong... it's not the end of the world. And for a lot of people B is brilliant anyway!
Reply 24
Your bio teacher sounds like a **** - instead of saying "yeah the way you answer questions your probs gettin a B, so heres what you do to get an A..>"
hes just goin "yeah B...cya"
my mums a bio teacher so i have a little insider knowledge. Do ALL the past papers and be VERY carful with your wording. You probably know the content very well but they are very perticular on how you answer it in bio exams. Just read the mark scemes an regurgitate all that **** in the exam.
Reply 26
for sciences, lots and lots of past papers!

Latest