The Student Room Group

BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Information Technology (Level 3) Programme

How long is this course if anyone knows? im planning to do it at lewisham college and get my diploma and do apprenticeship after one year. As i dont want to do extended diploma of this course.
Reply 1
It's usually a 2 year course, as it's equivalent to 1 A level. However, my school let you finish as soon as you get a distinction on one paper, a merit on another and get distinctions in all your coursework.
Reply 2
Original post by mattjh-
It's usually a 2 year course, as it's equivalent to 1 A level. However, my school let you finish as soon as you get a distinction on one paper, a merit on another and get distinctions in all your coursework.

so i have to get distinctions on all of my coursework to finish it early
Reply 3
At least that's the way they do it in my school. It's not as difficult as it seems, as my teachers always check my coursework and will only submit it to the exam board if it will get a distinction. If it wouldn't get a distinction, they tell me how to improve it. This way, it's more or less a given that you get distinctions in your coursework, provided you meet your deadlines and maintain a good standard of work.
Reply 4
I'd advise asking your teachers about it, or emailing the teachers of the sixth form or college you wish to go to, to see how they operate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending