The Student Room Group

Help which MA to choose? Newcastle, Warwick, Glasgow

Hello Everyone I am trying to decide between the Creative Writing masters courses at these three schools. I was accepted to all of them and am having a hard time deciding. I have only visited Glasgow Uni (I am an international student). I know they are all excellent programs, but can anyone provide some guidance beyond that? Thanks!
Original post by cynwyd
Hello Everyone I am trying to decide between the Creative Writing masters courses at these three schools. I was accepted to all of them and am having a hard time deciding. I have only visited Glasgow Uni (I am an international student). I know they are all excellent programs, but can anyone provide some guidance beyond that? Thanks!

Difficult as most postgrads don't tend to stick around. What guidance are you looking for as if you post specific questions people may be able to help you generally. Generally you want to look at what will be taught and how, how flexible the course is, what links are there with industry, what facilities are available, where grads end up, what work experience opportunities there are and maybe what research is being done. This is quite a personal decision so how much these factors matter to you is what's important.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Difficult as most postgrads don't tend to stick around. What guidance are you looking for as if you post specific questions people may be able to help you generally. Generally you want to look at what will be taught and how, how flexible the course is, what links are there with industry, what facilities are available, where grads end up, what work experience opportunities there are and maybe what research is being done. This is quite a personal decision so how much these factors matter to you is what's important.

Thank you for your comment. I am already considering these factors very carefully, however it would be helpful if people who are knowledgeable about these programs can help me to evaluate them.

For instance Glasgow and Warwick have very strong emphasis on community whereas Newcastle I'm not familiar with. Glasgow has an interdisciplinary approach which could be inspirational or distracting, depending on your needs. If you study at Glasgow, you have access to a city, whereas Warwick is more restricted to campus, and more expensive. Warwick seems to have slightly more access to 'star power', but I suspect people overemphasize the importance of this since all programs give you access to the industry, even if not all of them give you direct contact with fame.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending