The Student Room Group

History at Glasgow

I might be going to Glasgow university this year and wondered what the History course is like.
What exactly do you study? Are there many modules to choose from? What are the lecturers like?

Would be great to hear back from people currently studying History or who have studied History in Glasgow so that I can get some insights.
Original post by Ben Gee
I might be going to Glasgow university this year and wondered what the History course is like.
What exactly do you study? Are there many modules to choose from? What are the lecturers like?

Would be great to hear back from people currently studying History or who have studied History in Glasgow so that I can get some insights.

In your first year it is very broad. You do Scottish history for 1st semester and European history for the 2nd.

A lot of the lecture content is very entertaining/engaging and there's some truly great lecturers delivering.

You'll get a 1 hr a week tutorial to discuss papers related to the lecture and expand/debate your understandings.

Later on there's a lot of modules to choose from (see website). History is very well regarded at Glasgow and a lot of lecturers are very well respected in the field.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending