The Student Room Group

English Language AQA

How did everyone find it? I found it terrible:frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for a 4? Need a 4 for A-Levels and I'm super worried

Scroll to see replies

****ing hell that was shite

Wtf even was that story question
I thought it was alright :smile:
Only wrote 2 sides for story
Original post by Jakehicks
How did everyone find it? I found it terrible:frown:

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like for a 4? Need a 4 for A-Levels and I'm super worried

an 8 is roughly 60-65
7 is 54-60
6- 45-54
5 is 36 - 45
4 - 30-36
Reply 5
What did you write for question 4? I had no clue how to answer it :/

Also question 5 I only wrote two of the a4 pages is it possible to still get a high grade with this?
Reply 6
Original post by Jakehicks
What did you write for question 4? I had no clue how to answer it :/

Also question 5 I only wrote two of the a4 pages is it possible to still get a high grade with this?

Yes it is possible to get high marks with 2 a4. Obviously not full marks, but they weigh quality over quantity. So as long as you've written those two pages of a high standard, you'll be fine.
Original post by That'sGreat
an 8 is roughly 60-65
7 is 54-60
6- 45-54
5 is 36 - 45
4 - 30-36

How sure are you about these, roughly?
Reply 8
Was the text linear or non-linear? I wrote non-linear
Original post by sara.294
Was the text linear or non-linear? I wrote non-linear

that wasn't a question
Reply 10
someone post the questions please
I found everything terrible except for Q5.
I chose the descriptive writing related to the picture and I found it quite easy, but Q2, 3 and 4 I wasn't able to manage the time.
I was still doing Q2 when I was supposed to finish Q3:s-smilie:, but at the end I was able to finish all the paper.

The source was lacking of language techniques/features and there wasn't anything interesting to talk about the structure.:angry:
I think they should have chosen a source full of language devices because even people doing foundation were sitting the exam.

By the way, in Q4 I wrote that the red-haired girl was always in short paragraphs, which symbolize the struggles and difficulties in life. Rosabel related paragraphs were always longer, which reflect the big amount of struggles and difficulties she had to go through. What do you think about it?
Reply 12
i found Q4 and Q5 so hard but I just hope that we all did ok xxx
Original post by em11y2
i found Q4 and Q5 so hard but I just hope that we all did ok xxx

Same, hope we all pass with good grades:smile:
Reply 14
I found the exam alright. Question 5 was an bit trickier but adding all the connotations and doing the planning before writing should get me some marks. Overall Q1-Q4 was easy as the last min revision that I did yesterday night until 1am helped me. I was later fully prepared. In fact so many students from my year 11 had brought bags revising in the hall due to the weather, but I did the opposite. I felt my bag and my phone at home. I only brought 3 black ink pens. This saved time as I went in, did the exam, and straight out of the school gates.
Reply 15
I forgot to make it clear that I chose the story rather than the description. But in my story, I wrote about the 2 very different backgrounds on a bus journey. Do you think that's fine and they'll know I chose the 2nd option?
Reply 16
Same

What did everyone write for question 1?
Reply 17
Was a pretty bad source actually, not much that was good to write about.

Q1 seemed to be quite confusing that it was 'about her', though there was only a few things to write to do with her. Q2 was manageable but not that great, Q3 I guess was also manageable, about the different focuses and its shifts and how it makes the reader feel and so on, Q4 was confusing, I wasn't sure how that was the question, where she felt angry about the girl making her wear the hat, but I guess it helps you where it says the girl having more advantages, where she is clearly wealthy. Overall Section A was manageable for me, just not as great as I would've want it.

Q5 I guess I enjoyed doing the description.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by molot
Was a pretty bad source actually, not much that was good to write about.

Q1 seemed to be quite confusing that it was 'about her', though there was only a few things to write to do with her so I guess that's fine. Q2 was manageable but not that great, Q3 I guess was also manageable, about the different focuses and its shifts and how it makes the reader feel and so on, Q4 was confusing, I wasn't sure how that was the question, where she felt angry about the girl making her wear the hat, but I guess it helps you where it says the girl having more advantages, where she is clearly wealthy. Overall Section A was manageable for me, just not as great as I would've want it.

Q5 I guess I enjoyed doing the description.

Hiya do you remember what you wrote in question 1?
Reply 19
Original post by Maryxo
Hiya do you remember what you wrote in question 1?

I got her buying flowers, she couldn't get tea because of that, got on the step of the bus, she thought she would have to sacrifice her soul...

I feel like I got something wrong though, not a good question at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending