The Student Room Group

What grades to I apply to a post graduate course with?

This might sound silly but I am very confused. My dream is to go to UBC and I currently go to UCL.
My grades are not the best at the moment but this might change drastically after completing my last year since it account for 70% of my final degree. I just about scrape the entry requirements which obviously won't get me far but I am working hard to change that.
My course doesn't do any sort of mock tests or predicted grades so I am very confused what basis will I be applying on. If it is the grades I have so far it won't be a good look so I am worried.
Original post by Katerinnnnna
This might sound silly but I am very confused. My dream is to go to UBC and I currently go to UCL.
My grades are not the best at the moment but this might change drastically after completing my last year since it account for 70% of my final degree. I just about scrape the entry requirements which obviously won't get me far but I am working hard to change that.
My course doesn't do any sort of mock tests or predicted grades so I am very confused what basis will I be applying on. If it is the grades I have so far it won't be a good look so I am worried.

You don't normally get to provide an expected final degree grade yourself, that's a job for your academic referees and they are very likely to base their opinion on your transcript and track record to date. Depending on the target institution's system, they may also get asked to fill in assorted tick boxes ranking an applicant against their cohort / all students they have seen before, e.g. top 10% etc.
(edited 9 months ago)
For postgrad, generally you'd be applying with an interim transcript whilst in your final year of undergrad study.

If you expect a marked improvement in you final year then it might be worth waiting and applying in the next cycle with your complete transcript/HEAR report, but other than the application fee there's not much to lose by taking a punt at it this time around.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending