The Student Room Group

After exam stress...

Now exams are nearly over, I'm much less stressed for sure, but I feel like I've done a really bad job at most of my exams. I've made a lot of silly errors, and I'm afraid this will completely demolish all the effort put in. I was predicated to get A* in all subjects, so over summer I'll be very worried that I won't achieve this.

So on this thread, can we please discuss how to overcome these concerns, to help all who may be worried about results. After all there is a long time to wait... 😌
Original post by Mxy_xxx
Now exams are nearly over, I'm much less stressed for sure, but I feel like I've done a really bad job at most of my exams. I've made a lot of silly errors, and I'm afraid this will completely demolish all the effort put in. I was predicated to get A* in all subjects, so over summer I'll be very worried that I won't achieve this.

So on this thread, can we please discuss how to overcome these concerns, to help all who may be worried about results. After all there is a long time to wait... 😌

I promise, after a few days of enjoying your summer you will forget about results day and it will fly by. Just watch your TV shows, read your books, meet your friends, play your sports etc.
Reply 2
Original post by Mxy_xxx

Fortunate are those who may experience post-exam stress.
Whilst many still endure exam stress!
Reply 3
Hey, I experience the same problem as you. And it may sound weird and you can agree with me on this but I end up being more stressed AFTER the exam than before. I was also predicted 3A and 1B for my AS levels and my best subjects are physics and math but I too have made mistakes in my physics exam which have left my nerves rambling on whether I might miss the grade or not. HOWEVER I must share with you a life lesson, your hard work towards these exams will never not pay off. We are human and we are far from perfect so silly mistakes may make us believe we costed a lot but in fact this is far from the truth. So whatever is done is done just believe you tried your best and you'll get what you deserve !
Reply 4
Original post by Mxy_xxx

I was predicted 10 A*s and 1 A (in a Classical Greek) and those straight A*s seem so within my grasp
But I'm worried I've now flunked my French so my chances of 11 A*s now seem pretty slim😅

I guess the best thing to do is gradually accept straight A*s is a really tall order! As long as you've done your best then that's all your can hope for! And if you get A* in all your A level subjects that's definitely the most important ones!
Just chill out and enjoy yourself :smile: You've probably done a lot better than you think and if not, oh well! You get one life, no point in stressing out about stuff, just enjoy it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest