The Student Room Group

eating way too much during exam season !!

bro i literally gained weight because of (stress?)eating during the past few weeks of my mock exams and i feel so bad but i keep snackin :frown: does anyone have some tips?
I had similar issues when I did exams but unfortunately it all came straight back out the other end . What kind of thing are you snacking on healthy things or junk food ?
Original post by Anonymous #1
bro i literally gained weight because of (stress?)eating during the past few weeks of my mock exams and i feel so bad but i keep snackin :frown: does anyone have some tips?

yes I can completely understand.
One of the first things you want to do is replace any energy drinks with water ( flavoured water if you want)
and secondly, and most importantly, get some protein (ideally powder format) and make it will milk (i promise you this will help you massively)
thirdly, nothing wrong in snacking, stress eating is a real thing, whilst I do not suggest eliminating it, as you have a link between snacking and stressing, the last thing you want during exams is trying to "work" on yourself, all you want to do is reduce the intake of snacking for example:

replacing crisps with over baked crisps or oven baked snacks

There is no need to go cold turkey during stressful times. Make small changes, introduce high protein and drink plenty of water. After your exams, examine what changes you can make permanent

for example: when you get really stressed, instead of eating a snack, go for a 30-40 min walk, but take a small snack with you. Doing this 2-3 times a day means 1. you are relaxed and fresh 2. you still get to have a snack ( although much smaller) 3. uve burned LOADS of calories.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #2
I had similar issues when I did exams but unfortunately it all came straight back out the other end . What kind of thing are you snacking on healthy things or junk food ?

oh definitely junk lol
having lots of coffee + crisps
Reply 4
Original post by NKNK12
yes I can completely understand.
One of the first things you want to do is replace any energy drinks with water ( flavoured water if you want)
and secondly, and most importantly, get some protein (ideally powder format) and make it will milk (i promise you this will help you massively)
thirdly, nothing wrong in snacking, stress eating is a real thing, whilst I do not suggest eliminating it, as you have a link between snacking and stressing, the last thing you want during exams is trying to "work" on yourself, all you want to do is reduce the intake of snacking for example:

replacing crisps with over baked crisps or oven baked snacks

There is no need to go cold turkey during stressful times. Make small changes, introduce high protein and drink plenty of water. After your exams, examine what changes you can make permanent

for example: when you get really stressed, instead of eating a snack, go for a 30-40 min walk, but take a small snack with you. Doing this 2-3 times a day means 1. you are relaxed and fresh 2. you still get to have a snack ( although much smaller) 3. uve burned LOADS of calories.

these are nice tips, thanks! i'll be sure to try some out ^^

Quick Reply

Latest