The Student Room Group

Will somebody be able to check this part of my controlled assessment

Hi,

I was just wondering if my french here is correct because I tried to do something with "I would have loved to have gone there" but I am unsure and unable to get help from my teacher for my coursework on Monday.

Plus tard dans ma vie, j’espère habiter aux endroits il fait toujours chaud, peut-être comme l’Australie, car j’ai toujours rêvé d’y aller et j’y aurais adoré qu’avoir allé quand j’étais plus jeune.

Many thanks !
Reply 1
"Plus tard dans ma vie, j’espère habiter dans un endroit il fait toujours chaud, peut-être comme en Australie, car j’ai toujours rêvé d’y aller et j'aurais adoré y être allé(e) quand j’étais plus jeune."
The above poster is correct.

For future reference, when you have "y" or "en" in a verb phrase which uses an infinitive, it should go between the two verbs - so you would say "j'y vais" but "j'adore y aller" (and equally "j'ai adoré y aller"). If the infinitive part of the phrase is in the past tense, you simply put the auxiliary verb in the infinitive and keep the past participle as-is; so "j'adorerais y aller" becomes "j'aurais adoré y être allé(e)."
Reply 3
Original post by MartyO
"Plus tard dans ma vie, j’espère habiter dans un endroit il fait toujours chaud, peut-être comme en Australie, car j’ai toujours rêvé d’y aller et j'aurais adoré y être allé(e) quand j’étais plus jeune."

Thanks so much!!
Reply 4
Original post by Sonechka
The above poster is correct.

For future reference, when you have "y" or "en" in a verb phrase which uses an infinitive, it should go between the two verbs - so you would say "j'y vais" but "j'adore y aller" (and equally "j'ai adoré y aller":wink:. If the infinitive part of the phrase is in the past tense, you simply put the auxiliary verb in the infinitive and keep the past participle as-is; so "j'adorerais y aller" becomes "j'aurais adoré y être allé(e)."

Thanks so much! That really helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending