The Student Room Group

Edexcel A level Physics Paper 2 (New Spec) - 21st June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Olivia197
How did you work out the power of the cornea?

you do 1/f=P for each, then do (power of cornea/total power) x 100
Original post by Hiling99
you do 1/f=P for each, then do (power of cornea/total power) x 100

Ok thank you- it's just that I got the power of the cornea greater than the total power.
Reply 22
Original post by Xepheria_
The GM tube was about 0.84% I think, the cornea was 70.3% of the eye's power, angle was 10.8, roughly 13 day orbital period for the black holes, and the change in length of the arm was 0.005 times the diameter of the proton (so same order of magnitude as 0.001, but 5x larger)

I got same except didn't know how to do the proton one. Also, 0.84% seemed a little too low to me.
Original post by Olivia197
Ok thank you- it's just that I got the power of the cornea greater than the total power.

That's really weird as the total power is 1/f of cornea plus 1/f of whatever the other thing was
Original post by Xepheria_
The GM tube was about 0.84% I think, the cornea was 70.3% of the eye's power, angle was 10.8, roughly 13 day orbital period for the black holes, and the change in length of the arm was 0.005 times the diameter of the proton (so same order of magnitude as 0.001, but 5x larger)

for the black hole one, how did you work out the time? it had no mentioning of time and i couldn't see a way to work it out
Original post by Hiling99
That's really weird as the total power is 1/f of cornea plus 1/f of whatever the other thing was

I think I read the question wrong- I used about 2cm as the focal length for the cornea and about 5cm as the focal length of the lens by mistake!
No mark scheme anywhere?
7500000 fo wavelength?
Can you not use the hubbles law for the distance measurement??
Original post by Historygcse
Can you not use the hubbles law for the distance measurement??

I used red shift and then Hubble's law but I am not sure
I left the 12 days thing in seconds...lol and I got the %of cornea to be like 55% ish?
Original post by vuquach99
I used red shift and then Hubble's law but I am not sure

I said the same
Wait no ignore my percentage just realised what I did wrong
And the goggles one?
Refractive index for cornea and water are similar, little refraction.. then. .
grade boundary for this paper anyone?
Did anyone get around 7500000m for the last question part a mean wavelength
Reply 37
Original post by Duckington
for the black hole one, how did you work out the time? it had no mentioning of time and i couldn't see a way to work it out

You find the time period of the black hole by finding the centripetal acceleration (using the gravitational force from the previous question). Substitute into a = w^2 x r, then rearrange for T.

Wavelength of the gravitational wave was 7,500,000m (from a time period of 0.025s, may be different depending on what you measured).
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 38
What answer did you guys put for the last multiple choice question? What reduces the angle between the maximas?
Reply 39
welp at least i got that too
what did you all get for the efficiency of the GM tube?
what was the answer to the MCQ about diffraction gratings?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending