The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Internet Speed in Plymouth Halls?

Hi all, I've tried to do my own research on this but didn't find much. What are the wired internet speeds like in Plymouth halls in terms of upload and download and what are the restrictions like if any (hopefully few/none)? This is fairly important to me so would really appreciate some clarification :smile:
I was in Francis Drake halls. We had a gigabit connection where I consistently measured a 990 Mbps download, 790 Mbps upload and a ping of 5 ms. The provider is eduroam like most universities and a “fair usage policy” is described but no one knows what that actually is and I didn’t know anyone that hit it... (I know lots of gamers / binge downloaders). As for restrictions the wifi uses an enterprise network which devices like amazon fire sticks / games consoles don’t like without hassle. They work fine (and instantly) via ethernet with no modifications. If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me :smile:
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Same I was in Francis drake too lol. Wifi isn't great I had to use my data a couple times especially towards the end of the year
Reply 3
I'll be in Central Point but hopefully the wired is good all round :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending