The Student Room Group

Going back to Education. University of Plymouth

I'll be starting my first year at Uni in September however I've been out of education for close to 3 years now and I'm going to be studying Psychology and Clinical Psychology, does anyone have any advice for getting back into an education life and any suggestions for preparations i can do before i start
Original post by Stuart Middleton
I'll be starting my first year at Uni in September however I've been out of education for close to 3 years now and I'm going to be studying Psychology and Clinical Psychology, does anyone have any advice for getting back into an education life and any suggestions for preparations i can do before i start

It depends on your experience.

If you have never been to university before, I would always recommend the following to prepare:

Learn how to touch type, if you don't already (have a speed of 30wpm or more)

Learn to speed read (with psychology, you would be doing a lot of this)

Learn to use Microsoft Office proficiently - if you want specific topics/tutorials to look up, let me know

Learn how to write academically - this can make or break your grades. I recommend reading How to Write Great Essays by Peter Levin

I do have tips for what to do during uni, but I think I am jumping ahead a bit/
Reply 2
Original post by Stuart Middleton
Hi Stuart,

I'm in similar position. I went to uni three years ago and I'm looking to go back in September. I'm pretty sure I'm going to choose Plymouth. Can I ask what made you choose Plymouth in the end?

Quick Reply

Latest