The Student Room Group

Do you think you look more attractive in the mirror than in photos?

I ask this because when I look in the mirror I think I look fine, in the traditional sense of the word. At times I have even thought I looked vaguely handsome. However in photos I see a markedly different picture of myself. I feel like when looking at them, I see what everyone else can see. I actually didn't realise I have a bent nose for years until I saw a photo I had taken of me for I'd purposes. A person had once told me I had a broken nose years before this photo was taken, but at the time I was confused to hear what he said and gave no credence to it, and then thought nothing more of it for years until I saw the picture I had taken of me (You may gather I did not like having pictures taken of me in those days). It's kind of funny, because I remember before I saw this picture, I actually thought my nose was the one part of my body that was as good as perfect.
Well mirrors give a 3d shot of you and you look at a mirror with 2 lenses (both eyes) whereas a camera only looks at you with 1 lens so a mirror image is probz more accurate. I am not an expert though so probz wrong.
I absolutely think I'm more attractive in the mirror than in 2D image i.e. I'm not hugely photogenic. I can take a good photo, but with some people, like myself, your best features get lost in 2D image unless you have the right lighting and a quality camera, whereas others their unattractive features also get lost in 2D image and they actually look better in photos. If I've ever met up with someone online (from Tinder or POF or whatever) and they've only seen photos of me before meeting me, most of them have told me I look better in person without me asking.
I am not photogenic at all.
I look best in car reflections
Infact I quite like the look of myself in the mirror but in pictures no I hate it.
im ugly both ways
Yesss but sometimes photos that's only if I take them myself

Quick Reply

Latest