The Student Room Group

What do people mean by crushes?

I don't understand when someone says they like someone/ has a crush on someone when they don't talk to them. If you don't talk to someone, how can you have a crush on them? If you don't talk to someone but you like them, surely its because of their looks. Because if your listening to what other people say about them, then you don't know who they truly are. It's the same with celebrity crushes, they don't know you exist, you don't know what they're like so how can you have a crush on thek. Surely you just find them attractive and i have always thought that finding someone attractive is different from having a crush on them
Attraction to a person and crushes are not one and the same IMO - crushes are just low key worshipping someone from afar without any real expectation of interaction, so yeah you can crush on celebs, people you've seem once in the street, fictional characters in shows and film or even a photo. Since you aren't expecting anything it doesn't really matter what sort of person they really are, like single, obnoxious or even dead, It's an entirely one sided thing and you never need to care about what they think of you.

Like with a crush you're probably more attracted to the idea than the actual person, warts and all.
I'm genuinely the same. I don't understand crushes 1 bit and i especially don't understand how a person can have multiple at a time?? Insane to me
Original post by Anonymous #1
I don't understand when someone says they like someone/ has a crush on someone when they don't talk to them. If you don't talk to someone, how can you have a crush on them? If you don't talk to someone but you like them, surely its because of their looks. Because if your listening to what other people say about them, then you don't know who they truly are. It's the same with celebrity crushes, they don't know you exist, you don't know what they're like so how can you have a crush on thek. Surely you just find them attractive and i have always thought that finding someone attractive is different from having a crush on them
You clearly haven't dated or had a crush before. When u get a crush, u will understand.
Reply 4
Original post by Ayanokouji15
You clearly haven't dated or had a crush before. When u get a crush, u will understand.
How do you know you that you have a crush on someone
How do you know you that you have a crush on someone

U just do. Don't worry
Reply 6
Original post by Ayanokouji15
U just do. Don't worry

lol i feel like im missing out, i'm 18 years old ffs
lol i feel like im missing out, i'm 18 years old ffs

im 15

Quick Reply