The Student Room Group

i get worried nobody’s going to think of me romantically

I really struggle with my self image, and though I’m always told by friends and family that I’m pretty there’s this huge part of me that thinks it’s all lies. Every compliment is overthought, and I always think it’s out of pity or I’m being made fun of. I’ve never seen myself as pretty or above average looking, and it’s exhausting looking in the mirror and not being able to pick out one thing that I like, sometimes it feels like my face is literally changing as I look at it.

I’m just worried nobody will ever like me in that way because i’m simply not pretty enough, it feels like my love revolves around the way that I look. If i feel ugly I won’t leave the house, eat too little or too much, I won’t wear any nice clothes because I feel like i’m too ugly to suit them and I can’t even put on makeup without it feeling like lipstick on a pig.

I feel like I’m attention seeking because I’ve always been told I’m pretty which makes me feel like I can’t reach out. I’m scared I’ll never be able to have a boyfriend because of the way that I look.
Reply 1
Stop thinking about your looks and be an attractive person, in that you have a friendly and caring personality. A smile on your face means more than lipstick.

However, if it does seriously impact your life, seek professional help.
Reply 2
You’re not alone in feeling that- I’ve been there many times too. There’s nothing about you that is flawed or defective or makes you inherently less loveable than everyone else. However having been in your shoes so many times I would recommend getting help because it can really take a toll on your life and health.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending