The Student Room Group

Biochemistry, Biomedical and Biological Science Applicants 2018 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
PREDICTED AAA
UNIVERSITIES: HAVEN'T DECIDE YET
SUBJECTS maths, chemistry and biology
AS Maths: A
GCSE: don't have, move to England last year and started levels (asked universities about it. they said they will give offer with GCSE English.I email the head of staff about English but don't get reply and I am little worried about it as i don't know how to prepare myself for it...ANY SUGGESTIONS)

Are the University of Hull and Manchester metropolitan or Bedfordshire good for biomedical as an insurance choice?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by emmakdixon
University choices:
Oxford
Manchester
York
Edinburgh
Birmingham
(All for Biomedical Science)
Current subjects:
Biology, chemistry, maths, German
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*
AS grades: AAAA
GCSE grades: 9A*s, 4As
Why?: I've always loved science but mainly been interested in the human body. Teachers have tended to encourage me to think about medicine but it's definitely not for me! Biomed will give me the chance to learn about the science behind medicine and I just want to learn exactly how the body functions. I want to do a masters afterwards and then probably a PhD so I can go into research 😊

I got an offer from Birmingham for biomed AAB entry requirements !
Original post by magnificentMOULA

Same!! I got an offer for AAB yesterday or unconditional if I firm it 😬
Reply 43
Got an interview with Manchester! I've heard that means you have a place, but I'm happy to have another uni contact me lol
Original post by magnificentMOULA

omg when did you apply? Congrats btw x
Original post by laitankoko
omg when did you apply? Congrats btw x

thanks and I sent my application off on the 6 th October
Original post by Rangzii
Got an interview with Manchester! I've heard that means you have a place, but I'm happy to have another uni contact me lol

Is your interview on 1st November?? That's when I'm going! Congrats by the way!

Hi, congrats on your offer! I'm applying for the same course and wondered if you could let me know when you sent your application off? Sent mine 2 weeks ago and heard nothing from Birmingham so starting to worry!
Original post by emmalouisaaa
Hi, congrats on your offer! I'm applying for the same course and wondered if you could let me know when you sent your application off? Sent mine 2 weeks ago and heard nothing from Birmingham so starting to worry!

I sent my application on 5th October but I think my college only properly sent it with my reference on the 9th. I then got an acknowledgement from Birmingham on the 11th saying they 'would endeavour to reply within 15 days'. Track updated on the 24th which was 14 days after the acknowledgment! I wouldn't worry though! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! Also it's great to meet someone applying to the same course - where else have you applied?!
I sent my application on 5th October but I think my college only properly sent it with my reference on the 9th. I then got an acknowledgement from Birmingham on the 11th saying they 'would endeavour to reply within 15 days'. Track updated on the 24th which was 14 days after the acknowledgment! I wouldn't worry though! I'm sure you'll hear back soon! Also it's great to meet someone applying to the same course - where else have you applied?!

Ahh ok thanks I feel a bit better now! I’ve applied to Manchester, Southampton, Exeter and Sussex as well as birmingham and had offers from them all this week except Manchester and Birmingham. Birmingham is my favourite which is why I’ve been stressed! Where else have you applied?
Original post by emmalouisaaa
Ahh ok thanks I feel a bit better now! I’ve applied to Manchester, Southampton, Exeter and Sussex as well as birmingham and had offers from them all this week except Manchester and Birmingham. Birmingham is my favourite which is why I’ve been stressed! Where else have you applied?

Manchester (I've got an interview on Wednesday!), Oxford, Edinburgh, York and Birmingham

when did you apply to birmingham/ get an offer? I'm still waiting even though ive heard back from kings london and manchester
Manchester (I've got an interview on Wednesday!), Oxford, Edinburgh, York and Birmingham

Aw good luck for the interview I hope it goes well!
Hey I’m Kelsey!!! :biggrin:

University choices: Newcastle, Hull, Bangor, Swansea and Portsmouth

What subject(s) are currently studying?: Biology, Chemistry and English Language

Predicted A2 grades: BBC

AS grades: BBC

GCSE grades:

Why biology, biochemistry, biomedical or biological sciences?

I applied for Marine Biology and got 3 offers already!!! I want to do Biology it’s because I’ve always been facisnated by the ocean and the adaptations of the aquatic organism!!
Reply 54
No it's the 15th - congrats to you as well!!
Hi everyone!

Uni choices:
Oxford
UCL/Imperial (Can't decide though, would appreciate any advice!)
Durham
Edinburgh
Bristol
(All for Biological Sciences)

Subjects: biology, chemistry, physics, maths AS
A2 grades: A*A*A (I'm applying post A-level)
AS grades: A (Only had Maths)
GCSE: 11A*s
Why Biological sciences: Interested in all areas of Biology.

Any other Oxford BioSci applicants out there?
Original post by JjBeaumont
Hi everyone!

Uni choices:
Oxford
UCL/Imperial (Can't decide though, would appreciate any advice!)
Durham
Edinburgh
Bristol
(All for Biological Sciences)

Subjects: biology, chemistry, physics, maths AS
A2 grades: A*A*A (I'm applying post A-level)
AS grades: A (Only had Maths)
GCSE: 11A*s
Why Biological sciences: Interested in all areas of Biology.

Any other Oxford BioSci applicants out there?

Me! And I'm applying to 4/5 of the same unis! (if you apply to UCL)
University choices:
Oxford
Manchester
York
Edinburgh
Birmingham
(All for Biomedical Science)
Current subjects:
Biology, chemistry, maths, German
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*
AS grades: AAAA
GCSE grades: 9A*s, 4As
Why?: I've always loved science but mainly been interested in the human body. Teachers have tended to encourage me to think about medicine but it's definitely not for me! Biomed will give me the chance to learn about the science behind medicine and I just want to learn exactly how the body functions. I want to do a masters afterwards and then probably a PhD so I can go into research 😊

I've now had an offer from Birmingham (AAB or unconditional if firm) and York (AAA) for Biomed with integrated masters!
Reply 58
I've now had an offer from Birmingham (AAB or unconditional if firm) and York (AAA) for Biomed with integrated masters!

I just got an offer from York too! Congrats!
Original post by Rangzii
I just got an offer from York too! Congrats!

Woooohh congrats!! We must have really similar choices 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending