The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Force
Looking back at last years thread Glasgow sends out rejections after they send offers. So in mid to late March.

Are you sure they fulfilled the basic entry requirements or didn't have red flags/very low UKCAT? I haven't heard of any rejections yet but i could be wrong.

I had a low UKCAT (2508) but i haven't heard of a rejection yet
Original post by Force
Looking back at last years thread Glasgow sends out rejections after they send offers. So in mid to late March.

Are you sure they fulfilled the basic entry requirements or didn't have red flags/very low UKCAT? I haven't heard of any rejections yet but i could be wrong.

No they are a graduate, with an average UKCAT
Okay then, had nice break from all this medic stuff, gave me a chance to focus on my dissertation. It's now done, and interviews are creeping up, let's hype this up again.

Glasgow grad, genetics predicted 2.1. 685
Interviews at Aberdeen (29th Jan) and Glasgow (8 Feb).
Hoping for Glasgow offer, love this city
Reply 643
My interview is on the 9th, received the invite mid December... international student.
Good luck to everyone! 😎
Original post by Medhopefully
My interview is on the 9th, received the invite mid December... international student.
Good luck to everyone! 😎

I have my interview then too :smile:
Original post by singhaman
Okay then, had nice break from all this medic stuff, gave me a chance to focus on my dissertation. It's now done, and interviews are creeping up, let's hype this up again.

What time are your interviews? Mine are on the same days and same unis as you haha!
Aberdeen at 4 pm. Glasgow at 11:45am. How about you?
Aberdeen at 4 pm. Glasgow at 11:45am. How about you?

Aberdeen at 11:30, and Glasgow at 3:05. Best of luck!

I have an interview on the 8th at 10:25. What time is yours?
Original post by hpmedic
I have an interview on the 8th at 10:25. What time is yours?

11am mate.

does anyone know if personal statement is examined during the interview? should i go over it and pick out the important parts?

also, what are offers based on? interviews purely?
You won't have questions based on your personal statement as the interviewers won't have read it. However, it does no harm to read over it as it might refresh your mind and help formulate answers to possible questions.
Reply 651
11am mate.

does anyone know if personal statement is examined during the interview? should i go over it and pick out the important parts?

also, what are offers based on? interviews purely?

no and yes
my interview next Thursday at 11.15am, so nervous! anyone who's done the interview already, any tips? and anyone else going then?
Original post by xJessScott
my interview next Thursday at 11.15am, so nervous! anyone who's done the interview already, any tips? and anyone else going then?

I'd recommend the ISC medical book used it before my interview in December and pretty much covered the stuff which came up. Also look at ethical scenarios and stuff in the news as that came up for me!
Original post by MarkLane_9
I'd recommend the ISC medical book used it before my interview in December and pretty much covered the stuff which came up. Also look at ethical scenarios and stuff in the news as that came up for me!

ok thanks :smile:
Does anyone know when the last interview invitations will be sent out?
Original post by akinnome

Already have been!
Original post by akinnome

"Applicants are given approximately two weeks' notice of an interview invitation (sent by email and via UCAS track)."
The last week of interviews is 5-9Feb so that starts tomorrow so it looks like they have sent out all interview invertations
for anyone who's already had their interview, do you know approx how long the whole interview process lasts (including waiting and checking documents etc)? and are there any tours afterward? thanks :smile:
From beginning to end no more than 30 mins. They’re ruthless with time. Takes a few mins to check your documents then they take you through bang on time. Mine was led with militant precision! 😂 no tours, out on your cuff after it.

Latest

Trending

Trending