The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well I've been knocking it as well - but if you've not even done basic research/you have money to spare and want a fun time (apparently - I never went to anything like this) it's probably ok to go.
Reply 21
bright star
might put you off nottingham tho.... which is no bad thing!

that's precisely what it did for me.

seriously i've never spent £300 so stupidly in my life.

the ONLY good thing that came out of it was meeting a couple of people i've grown close to since.
Reply 22
People on TSR told me medlink was a waste of time AFTER i had booked it. Waste of 402 pounds. poo pants.

I'm in beta Green btw. Anyone else?
Reply 23
i'm thinking of going but i'm not sure since alot of my teachers are already putting me off Medicine cause of my GCSEs.

person 34, i was just wondering, why did your teachers tell you not to apply?
Reply 24
I was speaking to my mate who has qualified after doing Medicine at Nottingham. He said it was too OTT with the stethscopes (is how u spell it)
I like my stethoscope. If you want a similar experience apply via Sutton Trust for Medicine. Its a lot better aste of uni because there are other courses on at the same time. And your little group is a mix of people on the different strands. And its FREE, completely.... and they even OVER FEED you, like seriously.
Reply 26
i booked medlink a few weeks ago, everyone else i know who's going has their booklet and i don't which for starters isn't helpful. plus im now hearing more and more people say it's a waste of time...fun, maybe, but certainly a waste of money.
great(!)
i feel a bit harsh on my parents who said they'd pay for me (which was well good of them)...250 quid could be better spent from the sounds of it. think i could get a refund?
call medlink and ask them.
Reply 28
I think last year if you cancelled you lose your deposit of 25 quid, but give it a try at least.
i'd rather have the £200 odd quid though!!
Reply 30
well yeah, i would too, and i'm pretty sure most people would...they'd still be screwing 25quid out of me from the sounds of things though. i'm rapidly getting the impression that there are far better ways to get work experience than medlink, since i've already decided i want to do medicine pretty much for definite. it all seems like a bit of a clever money-making scheme from what i've heard, although obviously i'm only going on other people's judgements.
you won't get any work experience on medlink, so yes!! there are better ways.
i find it amusing when someone posts their teachers quoting 'you wont get in unless you go to medisix/link/sim!...my teachers are the same! and then to top it all off my referee was adament to add it into reference for some reason which apparently shows a medical attribute:confused:
maria737
i'm thinking of going but i'm not sure since alot of my teachers are already putting me off Medicine cause of my GCSEs.

o0o my friend used to go to your school! She was in the same year as you as well! (if you're in year 11)

Reply 34
maria737

My teacher's said I'm not socialable enough. Though they totally missed out the depravity, insanity and pinch of schizophrenia.

It's your life, not you're teachers so ultimately it comes down to you.
Reply 35
oh, i'm in the first year at college now, what's your friends name, i knew a few people in the year below me at that stupid, pitiful excuse for a school.
I live in Nottingham, and if the medical school didn't happen to be so close to home then I'd definitely have applied to study there.

*waves Nottingham flag*

:tongue:
Reply 37
aaah teachers can say what they like. at the end of the day, it's you who's going through with it, and only get to see a tiny bit of you
my medlink booklet arrived today,but im kind of regretting the 250 quid...tho i think its my christmas present (yay(!)) so im thinking its too late to pull out and save...but anyone else in willoughby hall, blue 2, gamma?
Reply 38
I remember trundling up to Nottingham last year - Cavendish Hall is awesome - almost all the rooms are ensuite etc ... it sure beats Sherwood :p:
Reply 39
Hi
I am going one the 2nd medilink yellow (1), beta, Hugh Steward Hall. Anyone else in the same group or accommodation. Please let me know

Haroon

Latest

Trending

Trending