The Student Room Group

Joint Honours PS- how do i fit it all in?

I'm looking to do History and Politics at unis around the AAA-AAB mark. I really love both subjects but I'm struggling to communicate my enthusiasm for both in 4000 characters- I don't have the space to expand nearly as much on books or experiences as single honours students do. Any advice?
Original post by catherineoxley12
I'm looking to do History and Politics at unis around the AAA-AAB mark. I really love both subjects but I'm struggling to communicate my enthusiasm for both in 4000 characters- I don't have the space to expand nearly as much on books or experiences as single honours students do. Any advice?

You do half the statement on history and half on politics. It's less about how much stuff you cover and more about the detail reflection and talking about why it interests you and how it's developed your interest in the subject.
Show how the two subjects relate and compliment each other. For example, you could say how political decisions influence history. There's loads of crossover.
I'm aware how far the two interlink and that half and half is best- but I'm not sure how to go into enough depth about more than one or two things per subject in under 2000 characters... would two experiences/books etc in a lot of detail be better than four-ish which are just a couple of lines each for example?
Original post by catherineoxley12
I'm aware how far the two interlink and that half and half is best- but I'm not sure how to go into enough depth about more than one or two things per subject in under 2000 characters... would two experiences/books etc in a lot of detail be better than four-ish which are just a couple of lines each for example?

Quality is definitely better than quantity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending