The Student Room Group

personal statement for two different courses

hiya - I am applying to both Law, Politics and Law and Politics (dual honours) courses and I am wondering how I should structure my personal statement to fit all three.

I aim to become a solicitor but I do find politics more interesting that a straight law degree, which is why I am considering it at a degree level then doing a conversion GDL later down the line.

I know Law and Politics do overlap but I don't want it to seem TOO centred on Law for a politics degree and vice versa

Any help or advice from people that have written a dual degree personal statement would be great! :wink:
Which universities are you applying to? Have you spoken to them about the emphasis they place on your PS and how acceptable a PS aimed at a different subject would be. If any of your subject choices are flexible then it might make it less difficult and let you focus on one subject
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Which universities are you applying to? Have you spoken to them about the emphasis they place on your PS and how acceptable a PS aimed at a different subject would be. If any of your subject choices are flexible then it might make it less difficult and let you focus on one subject

My top 5 currently are Manchester, QMU, Liverpool, Nottingham and Leicester as my insurance - I have emailed Nottingham about politics and they have yet to get back to me about a separate PS as Nottingham is the only one of the five I am applying for a Politics singular degree, the rest are law and politics dual degrees
Original post by evewashere
My top 5 currently are Manchester, QMU, Liverpool, Nottingham and Leicester as my insurance - I have emailed Nottingham about politics and they have yet to get back to me about a separate PS as Nottingham is the only one of the five I am applying for a Politics singular degree, the rest are law and politics dual degrees

Just phone them up - you could have answers from all 5 today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending