Chances of 'Models of the Atom' coming up in OCR B A-Level exam?

Watch
L0st45
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are the chances of different models of atoms coming up in the OCR B A-Level Chemistry (Salters) exams? In the specification it says:

"how knowledge of the structure of the atom developed in terms of a succession of gradually more sophisticated models – interpretation of these and other examples of such developing models"

Would it be worth just making notes based on what is in the revision guide a few days before the exam? I know it wouldn't hurt making notes etc. but I'm just wondering what people think about the likelihood of atomic models coming up in an exam is like?
username1753569
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just when a teacher tells you something hasn't come up in a long time, and is unlikely to, it shows up. 5 marks I'll never get back. It wasn't Chemistry, rather Physics but the same principles apply. Revise everything on the spec, because there's always a chance it will come up. You're unlikely to get a big question on the different atomic structures as it's purely knowledge and less likely to be spun into a question you have to interpret. But you never truly know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (192)
5.02%
Uncertainty around my education (557)
14.56%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (429)
11.22%
Lack of purpose or motivation (527)
13.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (190)
4.97%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (230)
6.01%
Loneliness (321)
8.39%
Financial worries (141)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (150)
3.92%
Exposure to negative news/social media (170)
4.44%
Lack of real life entertainment (218)
5.7%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (341)
8.92%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (359)
9.39%

Watched Threads