The Student Room Group

Chances of 'Models of the Atom' coming up in OCR B A-Level exam?

What are the chances of different models of atoms coming up in the OCR B A-Level Chemistry (Salters) exams? In the specification it says:

"how knowledge of the structure of the atom developed in terms of a succession of gradually more sophisticated models interpretation of these and other examples of such developing models"

Would it be worth just making notes based on what is in the revision guide a few days before the exam? I know it wouldn't hurt making notes etc. but I'm just wondering what people think about the likelihood of atomic models coming up in an exam is like?
Just when a teacher tells you something hasn't come up in a long time, and is unlikely to, it shows up. 5 marks I'll never get back. It wasn't Chemistry, rather Physics but the same principles apply. Revise everything on the spec, because there's always a chance it will come up. You're unlikely to get a big question on the different atomic structures as it's purely knowledge and less likely to be spun into a question you have to interpret. But you never truly know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest