The Student Room Group

Gift ideas for a woman who is 'Barbie/Katie Price' obsessed?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreekTea
If i say child, people assume I have a child and start listing toys as the initial post stated child- so the post was taken down and i changed it to woman. The minute terminal illness is mentioned in a title post, i'm automatically assumed to be a troll. Hardly anyone on this website has any sense of respect for cases like hers and will simply mock and spam my post.

And even if she was a woman. Even if she did not have cancer. NOBODY deserves to have books thrown at them because of the way they look, because of fake tan or blonde hair. So tell me, who shall we target after cancerous children; gays? Blacks or the religious?

Yes she has cancer. Yes she is dying. No she is not a child she is 13 years old and i would like to buy her some nice birthday presents whilst she has time to open them.

Slightly bloody negative- What was the need to comment about throwing books at people? It's not even remotely contributory. Your heart doesn't go out to anybody if you support their decision to put stupid comments on posts or if you support throwing object at anybody.

Cancer is not an excuse it is a disease so If my cousins cancer offends you, you can kindly remove yourself from my post.

Jesus christ, calm down.
First off all regarding the child/woman thing. Was it that difficult to put teen in the title or even state in the description that she was 13. 13 years old IS a child but by putting as woman implies she is alot older.

my heart genuinely does go out to people who are suffering from cancer and I wish I could do more to help them. However that post was clearly intended as a joke. They're not saying they're throwing books at her because she has cancer, you're the one who dropped that in afterwards. They were saying it as a joke because as I said, you put woman. I don't really know many "women" who are fully into barbie and katie price.

"Cancer is not an excuse."
No it's not. So why was it the first thing you mentioned the minute a bad (ish, i still read it as a joke) comment came up? If it was that important why wasn't it mentioned in the original post?
You're missing the point entirely.

"They were saying it as a joke because as I said, you put woman".

Woman, man or child, what does it matter. It is not a 'joke' at all. Neither you, nor the clown up there, can dictate to what anybody looks like or enjoys. Just because a woman likes barbie and Katie Price does not make her unintelligent.

"I don't really know many "women" who are fully into barbie and katie price."

I'm not surprised.

I shouldn't have to put that she is a teenager, what else would you like; name, address and date of birth. I'm asking for gift ideas, if my question is too difficult for you then answer somebody elses.

The person who put that comments needs to learn to think before they speak. Her cancer was mentioned to allow this, she's 13 years old, she is neither unintelligent or stereotypically blonde. If you're so keen to call her a child why not treat her like one, instead of insulting her. Because if she was still physically able to walk to school and an older student/adult shouted over to her, telling her they SHOULD throw a book at her and give her a clue- would you still find it funny? If it was a woman of 18+ would you find it funny? I'm not saying anybody actually would, i'm saying that it is not a joke and it is not funny. It is the type of BS that a bully would relay to make themselves feel superior.

Throwing books at people is not a joke it is derogatory and it is disrespectful.
Giving people a clue is not a joke it is derogatory and it is disrespectful.
Please keep it friendly and on topic please, else I'll close this. Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending