The Student Room Group

Edexcel maths higher grade boundary predictions!!!

Ik that no one knows what their going to look like but i would just like people to post their predictions below and on results they we can see how close we were.

Personally i think it will be,

9- 210
8- 175
7- 155
6- 130
5- 105
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

9 will be lower, the rest will be higher imo.
Original post by Dench,x,Kid
9 will be lower, the rest will be higher imo.

Done
Reply 3
Tbh I think a 7 will be 125/240
Original post by The RAR

I would say if we got lucky, but it's definitely a possibility.
Reply 5
What do you guys think the worst possible percetage would be for a 4? It's all I need for college and I'm pretty sure I achieved it
Been through all the past paper grade boundaries for the old specification and got these.

They're probably all a little high because the papers have got harder.
Original post by danielwinstanley
Been through all the past paper grade boundaries for the old specification and got these.

Wow! thats extremely useful thank you for sharing, and yeah we have to take into account the fact that the new specification is relatively more difficult, i've also heard people say that for the new specification a larger proportion of questions on the paper is at an A grade compared to the last spec.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by rnineirnee
Wow! thats extremely useful thank you for sharing, and yeah we have to take into account the fact that the new specification is relatively more difficult, i've also heard people say that for the new specification a larger proportion of questions on the paper is at an A grade compared to the last spec.

Yes - it's now 50% A-A* topics so I think they'll shift down by at least 10, plus the papers were a lot harder, and it was the first year of the specification. So, they'll be quite a bit lower I think.
Yes - it's now 50% A-A* topics so I think they'll shift down by at least 10, plus the papers were a lot harder, and it was the first year of the specification. So, they'll be quite a bit lower I think.

Well, theres one thing we can be certain of and that's the fact that it generally depends on how everyone else did, and the fact that you've looked at past papers gives a fairly accurate indication.

And by any chance do you do AQA triple science?
Original post by Jtsy
What do you guys think the worst possible percetage would be for a 4? It's all I need for college and I'm pretty sure I achieved it

I would say if you got at least 27 marks in each paper than you can be quite confident that you will get a 4
Well, theres one thing we can be certain of and that's the fact that it generally depends on how everyone else did, and the fact that you've looked at past papers gives a fairly accurate indication.

And by any chance do you do AQA triple science?

Unfortunately not - I do OCR triple science which is probably the worst exam board.
Unfortunately not - I do OCR triple science which is probably the worst exam board.

lol im not sure about it being the worst but, more uncommon
lol im not sure about it being the worst but, more uncommon

It's by far the worst - I swear they asked absolutely no science in the papers with really stupid contexts...

Great post, but just wondering, how did you come up with these boundaries, especially the one for a 9?
Original post by Gabzinc
Great post, but just wondering, how did you come up with these boundaries, especially the one for a 9?

We know that 7 is an A and 4 is a C so I set those at the A and the C boundary.
A 5 is a high C/low B and is 2/3 the way into a grade C.
I set the 9 boundary somewhere into full UMS boundary and then equally spaced the other boundaries.

I did this for every year from like 2012-2015 (including November resits) and then took average/mean/max/min ect
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR

Isn't that too low. I feel like half the country will get A's
I could be completely wrong but these are my predictions:

(9) 210
(8) 175
(7) 140
(6) 113
(5) 87
(4) 65
Original post by brookleahy
I could be completely wrong but these are my predictions:

(9) 210
(8) 175
(7) 140
(6) 113
(5) 87
(4) 65

They seem accurate enough and i think that the grade boundaries for 6,5 and 4 will be slightly higher.
Reply 19
I would say if you got at least 27 marks in each paper than you can be quite confident that you will get a 4

Thanks for that, should of got over 100, but some high predictions by some people had me worried.

Quick Reply

Latest