The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Creative Advertising application help

Hi! I'm currently starting the process of applying for universities and I desperately want to go to Falmouth to study creative advertising! I have a few questions about the course and the application process.

1) Do you need a portfolio of work to take to the interview? What things should be included if it's needed?
2) What is the interview like and what is involved in it?
3) What general topics are covered on the course?
4) What do you like/dislike about the course and would you recommend it?

The a-levels I'm taking include graphic design, media studies and photography if this helps with anything in the application process.

Thank you!!
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi! I'm about to start second year on the course.

Portfolio wise: At this stage I'm not sure, you'll probably have a Skype interview or go through clearing but prepare one just incase. What it consists of, I came from a Fine Art A Level background but everyone on the course has come from somewhere different (one mate of mine did all sciences and english a-levels) so i wouldn't be too worried. I would focus on your graphic work if I had had it for the interview but its quite free-for-all.

Like I said, you'll probably have a Skype interview or go through clearing but I think its just a chat on those two. I did a whole 4 hour in person interview back in the January but thats in the interview months.

Topics: hard to explain, you have a creative module, a factual module (like what advertising is, how its formed and its history), and then a lecturer specific.

I really love the course. I didn't know what I wanted to do but I'm really glad I went here. I don't really have a gripe, only tips but I'm a student mentor so if you do get in, you'll be hearing those at a fresher/mentor event the day before term starts. Good luck!
(edited 6 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Quick Reply

Latest