The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clouddbubbles
what does everyone plan to do in the future? after our gcses? :biggrin:

I'm not really sure yet, but i am interested in becoming a therapist, or a psychologist.:smile:
Year 10's pretty stressful... Year 9 was a great year, we began most of the GCSE content then and I was getting good grades. But I've started off this year with a 4 in Chemistry, probably worse in Physics... and everything seems to have got so much harder. IT coursework is killing me- my GCSE is 75% coursework and I take the exam in May or whenever; RS is this year too.

...help
Hey, obviously we've all already started but I'm doing:

English Lit/Lang

Maths

Triple Science

Spanish

History

Music

Art

(all IGCSE)
(edited 6 years ago)
Don't know if it's too late, but I'm taking my IGCSE's (which are not the same thing as GCSEs, but they are close enough).
I'm doing:
- English Language
- Spanish Language
- Co-ordinated sciences
- International Mathematics
- Music
- Geography
- History
- Business Studies
I'm trying my best to see if I am able to Additional Maths in Year 11 :tongue:
Does someone have any advice for taking Additional (or at least attempting to get a high grade in Maths)?
Original post by _karamazov
Year 10's pretty stressful... Year 9 was a great year, we began most of the GCSE content then and I was getting good grades. But I've started off this year with a 4 in Chemistry, probably worse in Physics... and everything seems to have got so much harder. IT coursework is killing me- my GCSE is 75% coursework and I take the exam in May or whenever; RS is this year too.

...help

I've had the same problem! I feel like doing the IGCSE is partly relearning all of what has been (partly) taught to us from Y7 to Y9 but with a much higher level of difficulty and complexity; I feel that what I know from past years is definitely not enough I'm struggling a little bit, but I hope it will eventually become easier as I go throughout the course.

Has it gotten better for you, or are you still struggling with your GCSEs (and especially coursework, which sounds terrible)?

...help

The same problem is happening to me in Chemistry:bawling:. its so sad. oh well we're going to have to put up with it and try our hardest. My friends are taking IT and they said that it is hard to. Good luck and hope you do well. :smile:
Original post by flashbashstudy
I've had the same problem! I feel like doing the IGCSE is partly relearning all of what has been (partly) taught to us from Y7 to Y9 but with a much higher level of difficulty and complexity; I feel that what I know from past years is definitely not enough I'm struggling a little bit, but I hope it will eventually become easier as I go throughout the course.

Has it gotten better for you, or are you still struggling with your GCSEs (and especially coursework, which sounds terrible)?

Yeah, same with us- it's relearning the basics but in a lot more detail.

To be honest, I feel like it actually has got better since I posted; I think the stress of IT coursework was making everything else seem much worse : p Planning time properly is the most important thing and I generally enjoy most of my subjects, I just need to keep trying on the ones I don't enjoy as they're still important.

I hope it gets easier for you too!
Original post by Kim Woo-bin
The same problem is happening to me in Chemistry:bawling:. its so sad. oh well we're going to have to put up with it and try our hardest. My friends are taking IT and they said that it is hard to. Good luck and hope you do well. :smile:

I feel like Chemistry is so much harder than it should be -- and IT coursework making up 75% of my final GCSE???!

Thank you, I hope you do well too!
I feel like Chemistry is so much harder than it should be -- and IT coursework making up 75% of my final GCSE???!

Thank you, I hope you do well too!

:smile:
Reply 169
Original post by foodandphysics

We're the first cohort to have all our exams in the 9-1 format. Feel free to use this thread to share experiences, rants, tips, questions etc.

Introduce yourself! What subjects are you taking? What are you dreading/looking forward to in year 10? What do you think of the new GCSEs? Also, what are your interests outside of school?

:tsr:

Hi I know I'm really late but I've started Year 10 and I am taking for GCSE:
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel English Language
Edexcel English Lit
AQA Bio
AQA Chem
AQA Physics
Edexcel German
AQA Geography
OCR Computer Science
OCR Food Prep and Nutrition

Year 10 is going really smoothly and quickly but my grades have gone down and I need to get them back up again (except for maths which I have a Grade 8 in at the moment but I'm still working on it) and I need help. Are there any useful revision websites and resources for any of my gcse subjects???
Reply 170
Original post by foodandphysics

We're the first cohort to have all our exams in the 9-1 format. Feel free to use this thread to share experiences, rants, tips, questions etc.

Introduce yourself! What subjects are you taking? What are you dreading/looking forward to in year 10? What do you think of the new GCSEs? Also, what are your interests outside of school?

:tsr:

Hi I know I'm really late but I've started Year 10 and I am taking for GCSE:
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel English Language
Edexcel English Lit
AQA Bio
AQA Chem
AQA Physics
Edexcel German
AQA Geography
OCR Computer Science
OCR Food Prep and Nutrition

Year 10 is going really smoothly and quickly but my grades have gone down and I need to get them back up again (except for maths which I have a Grade 8 in at the moment but I'm still working on it) and I need help. Are there any useful revision websites and resources for any of my gcse subjects???
Obviously we've all already started but...

-English Language
-English Literature
-Maths
-Core Science
-Additional Science
-Geography
-History
-Citizenship
-German

-I sat RS last year and got an A and I'm studying AS RS now but don't intend on taking any exams until I actually reach yr 12

I want to do A-level RS, German and History+EPQ and I might take a 4th which would be sociology, phycology, English lit or government+polotics

Then I'd like to go to a Russel group uni (Oxford, Exeter or Edinburgh) to study philosophy and ethics and maybe history or German with it or possibly a year abroad in Germany idk.
I Need help with my mock exams! i need some revision and my mock exams is due to start tomorrow. :frown:
Original post by XxEuphoriaxX
I Need help with my mock exams! i need some revision and my mock exams is due to start tomorrow. :frown:

Mocks already??! How much content have you covered
Original post by XxEuphoriaxX

Mocks already..??! How far are you into the courses
4 now
I know it's late but I juts found this so I thought I would post something. I'm taking:
Edexcel English lit
Edexcel English lang
OCR maths
AQA combined science
Edexcel history
AQA French
AQA P.E.
AQA media studies

Have anyone got any tips for these subjects. Thanks
does everyone have y10 mocks?
if yes, when are they? mine are in march eeek!
Original post by mez_merising
does everyone have y10 mocks?
if yes, when are they? mine are in march eeek!

Mine are in January and I have end of year exams in June
they are making the current grades really hard to get only a certain percentage of the country will get a 9 this is what we get told so extra work and more stress ahha

Latest