The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Rats in Accommodation of Leeds???

Hi, so I am going to University of Leeds next year, I decided to go to Central Village accommodation as I like the view and everything about it. Currently I read that there are rats on this accommodation, is that true??? Please response ASAP, coz Im too confused plus suggest me any other clean, en-suite and friendly accommodation at University of Leeds.
Original post by Prince_Mughal
Hi, so I am going to University of Leeds next year, I decided to go to Central Village accommodation as I like the view and everything about it. Currently I read that there are rats on this accommodation, is that true??? Please response ASAP, coz Im too confused plus suggest me any other clean, en-suite and friendly accommodation at University of Leeds.

I've never heard of there being rats in Central Village.

Please note that if you ever have any problems in university accommodation, you should contact the building managers and they will sort it for you. When I was in first year, there was an accommodation portal you could report maintenance issues, etc. through.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by CatusStarbright
I've never heard of there being rats in Central Village.

Please note that if you ever have any problems in university accommodation, you should contact the building managers and they will sort it for you. When I was in first year, there was an accommodation portal you could report maintenance issues, etc. through.

Oh thanks a lot, btw have you been in central village accommodation? If yes then can you share your experience please. Thanks
Oh thanks a lot, btw have you been in central village accommodation? If yes then can you share your experience please. Thanks

No I lived at Devonshire Hall, though I do know someone who lives at CV now :smile:
No I lived at Devonshire Hall, though I do know someone who lives at CV now :smile:

I am applying for next year, but can't decide between White Rose and Central Village, please give me some advice. I have heard that Devonshire Hall is one of the worst Idk if that's true if so then good luck 😭😭😭
I am applying for next year, but can't decide between White Rose and Central Village, please give me some advice. I have heard that Devonshire Hall is one of the worst Idk if that's true if so then good luck 😭😭😭

White Rose didn't exist when I was in first year, so I can't help you there :tongue:

I lived at Devonshire Hall in 2017/18 and I absolutely loved it; it's a great place to live :h:
White Rose didn't exist when I was in first year, so I can't help you there :tongue:

I lived at Devonshire Hall in 2017/18 and I absolutely loved it; it's a great place to live :h:

Ohhh alright, I thought you are currently in the Devonshire, anyways I am gonna apply for CV, I hope I get good friends.

Hi, I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if you could shed a bit more light on Devonshire Hall please? I know you stayed there a while ago but I'm interested in things like... does the catered side have ensuite rooms, do the rooms have large beds, clean modern etc.. is the gym, common room etc.. well equipped and open until late, how social is it, how often are formals/events/ activities etc.. what is the mix of students ( ie mainly healthcare or business school). And the general area and recommended shortcuts to get to the business school. Sorry for bombarding you but it is the one accommodation that I don't seem able to get a lot of videos, pictures or info on. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I hope you don't mind but I was wondering if you could shed a bit more light on Devonshire Hall please? I know you stayed there a while ago but I'm interested in things like... does the catered side have ensuite rooms, do the rooms have large beds, clean modern etc.. is the gym, common room etc.. well equipped and open until late, how social is it, how often are formals/events/ activities etc.. what is the mix of students ( ie mainly healthcare or business school). And the general area and recommended shortcuts to get to the business school. Sorry for bombarding you but it is the one accommodation that I don't seem able to get a lot of videos, pictures or info on. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, there are some en-suite rooms in the catered part of Dev. My block had 2 en-suites out of the 10 rooms in the block. The beds were 3/4 doubles, so just slightly smaller than a double bed - still pretty large for me who was used to a single bed! Yes, the room was clean when I moved in. I'm pretty sure the gym and common room(s) were open all the time but I'm not 100% sure. Formals were every couple of months (fresher's formal, Halloween, Christmas, Burns Night...), and Dev has music groups (e.g. a capella choir, chamber choir, band, etc.). It also traditionally puts on a play each year. I was a member of the chorus in 2018 and we performed Legally Blonde in the Riley Smith theatre in the SU. The students are from all schools/departments really, I never noticed any particular weighting (though there were quite a few Music students which is understandable given the availability of practice rooms and music groups). To get to the business school, going through Woodhouse Moor (known locally as Hyde Park) is quicker (but don't do that when it's dark; go round) - Google Maps will show you what I mean.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you wish to know more to avoid bumping/derailing this thread :smile:
Reply 9

Hey! which did you pick and what flat are you in?
Original post by user2606
Hey! which did you pick and what flat are you in?

Hi, well I picked other university so I am not in that uni.

Quick Reply

Latest