The Student Room Group

Chose wrong A Levels

Hello

Going into year 13 this year and thinking I chose the wrong A Level subjects. For AS I took Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths. However, really have been regretting my decision lately and thinking I should have taken English and/or history. I don't know if I want to go into science and feel like I was pushed in that direction and don't know what to do now. In September I'll be looking to apply for biological sciences at Oxford, Durham, Manchester and not sure where else, but this wasn't chosen due to my passion for the subject but instead not knowing what else I can do.

Any ideas?
The best thing you could do is to retake year 12. There isn't any harm in it because the subjects you will be taking will be completely different to what you had taken this year. A lot of my friends had also retaken their year and it has come to their advantage. Ask your teachers for some advise, I am sure that they will agree that there isn't any point in studying further in something you don't really want to pursue in.

Good luck and best wishes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest