The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I think it would be more common to do it the other way - as in, studying at a university for a year then transfer your credits over to the OU. Plus, if you only studied it for a year with the OU, that would be worth about 60 credits, which wouldn't be worth a year at a 'normal' university (which would be 120). Why not email the department at some of the uni's your interested in studying, and saying: 'If I get x amount of credits with a history degree at OU, would I be able to transfer into your second year?'
Rottcodd is right about it being the other way around. I met someone who did one year of science at OU and still had to start her degree from the beginning. Also unis prefer that students had studied the first year at their own institution.
seriously, why did they have to start their degree again??? I've got two weeks too decide what to do regarding OU what it just because they did a course worth 60 points?
Reply 4
blondevalkyrie
seriously, why did they have to start their degree again??? I've got two weeks too decide what to do regarding OU what it just because they did a course worth 60 points?

Different course content/difficulty. Different universities have different systems, it would be very unlikely that what you'd do in the first year of an OU degree would match what someone had done in the first year at a real university. Some universities don't even use the points system for their degrees, I know mine doesn't.
oh right thanks very much.

Latest

Trending

Trending