The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Reporting another Uni applicant?

So I've applied for uni in 2023 and got into Exeter. I joined many group chats and recently, we had someone on one of the groupchats for applicants & offer holders basically admit to a sexual crime. They ended up backtracking on their words when they realised no one was on their side and caused a big fuss on the group, which led to them being removed by the group admin.

I'm happy they got removed but I don't feel comfortable with the fact that they admitted to the crime. I don't know if Exeter offered this person a place or not (they said they were considering deferring a year) but they said something I wouldn't take lightly.

I'm considering reporting them to the university with evidence, so that they can consider if they want this person at the uni, but I don't know how to do this/if it's worth it.
Original post by Anonymous
So I've applied for uni in 2023 and got into Exeter. I joined many group chats and recently, we had someone on one of the groupchats for applicants & offer holders basically admit to a sexual crime. They ended up backtracking on their words when they realised no one was on their side and caused a big fuss on the group, which led to them being removed by the group admin.

I'm happy they got removed but I don't feel comfortable with the fact that they admitted to the crime. I don't know if Exeter offered this person a place or not (they said they were considering deferring a year) but they said something I wouldn't take lightly.

I'm considering reporting them to the university with evidence, so that they can consider if they want this person at the uni, but I don't know how to do this/if it's worth it.

Congratulations on your offer to study with us!

I am sorry to hear that this has happened, we expect candidates and their supporters to abide by the principles of dignity and respect that apply within our community. Our full admissions policy can be found on our webpages and covers applicant behaviour, reiterating that we expect all of our current and prospective students to treat others with the dignity and respect they would expect themselves. If you would like to flag any behaviour that you think contradicts our Dignity and Respect policy that all staff and students are expected to adhere to I would recommend contacting our Head of Admissions who can then investigate. If you send an enquiry into our enquiry form and address it to the Head of Admissions it will find the right place and be dealt with accordingly. Again, I am sorry that you have had this experience, and hope that it hasn't caused you too much worry or distress.

If you have any other questions about this, or Exeter more broadly then please do just ask.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Original post by UniofExeter Rep
Congratulations on your offer to study with us!

I am sorry to hear that this has happened, we expect candidates and their supporters to abide by the principles of dignity and respect that apply within our community. Our full admissions policy can be found on our webpages and covers applicant behaviour, reiterating that we expect all of our current and prospective students to treat others with the dignity and respect they would expect themselves. If you would like to flag any behaviour that you think contradicts our Dignity and Respect policy that all staff and students are expected to adhere to I would recommend contacting our Head of Admissions who can then investigate. If you send an enquiry into our enquiry form and address it to the Head of Admissions it will find the right place and be dealt with accordingly. Again, I am sorry that you have had this experience, and hope that it hasn't caused you too much worry or distress.

If you have any other questions about this, or Exeter more broadly then please do just ask.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team

Thank you so much for this reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending