The Student Room Group

Conditional Offer at University of Surrey

I have received my conditional offer letter from University of Surrey and I have uploaded all the documents for verification along with the consent form. I have not received my unconditional offer letter yet, but the university has sent an email stating provisional acceptance and is asking me to go ahead with the payment of two thousand pounds to firmly accept my offer letter. What are the chances of receiving unconditional offer letter ? If I dont receive unconditional offer letter can I still do the payment and receive CAS letter ?
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by SurreyApplicant
I have received my conditional offer letter from University of Surrey and I have uploaded all the documents for verification along with the consent form. I have not received my unconditional offer letter yet, but the university has sent an email stating provisional acceptance and is asking me to go ahead with the payment of two thousand pounds to firmly accept my offer letter. What are the chances of receiving unconditional offer letter ? If I dont receive unconditional offer letter can I still do the payment and receive CAS letter ?

I would wait until you receive the unconditional offer before you commit. But the university Will refund you straight away, it's unusual for them to ask you to do this so I would contact them to check.
Original post by Tawarobb
I would wait until you receive the unconditional offer before you commit. But the university Will refund you straight away, it's unusual for them to ask you to do this so I would contact them to check.

Thank You. I am doing the same. I think this makes sense.

Hi @SurreyApplicant,

Congratulations on your offer! My advice would be to check the admissions FAQs first (https://www.surrey.ac.uk/apply/general-admissions-frequently-asked-questions), as it is likely there will be more information here or contact our admissions team using the online enquiry form - https://www.surrey.ac.uk/form/admissions-enquiry-form. If your application is time sensitive then feel free to call.

I hope that this helps and that you are able to get an answer to your questions :smile:

Olivia
MSc Social Psychology
Hey, thank you so much but I have tried my best in reaching out to the admissions team of University of Surrey. I have emailed them, and I have also tried calling but no one has replied to my email yet. Furthermore, the chat bot is also suspended and an enquiry form is showing. Therefore, can you tell me any other alternative to reach out to the university.
(edited 9 months ago)
Hey, thank you so much but I have tried my best in reaching out to the admissions team. I have emailed them, and I have also tried calling but no one has replied to my email yet. Furthermore, the chat bot is also suspended and an enquiry form is showing. Therefore, can you tell me any other alternative to reach out to the university.
Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep
Hi @SurreyApplicant,

Congratulations on your offer! My advice would be to check the admissions FAQs first (https://www.surrey.ac.uk/apply/general-admissions-frequently-asked-questions), as it is likely there will be more information here or contact our admissions team using the online enquiry form - https://www.surrey.ac.uk/form/admissions-enquiry-form. If your application is time sensitive then feel free to call.

I hope that this helps and that you are able to get an answer to your questions :smile:

Olivia
MSc Social Psychology
Hey, thank you so much but I have tried my best in reaching out to the admissions team. I have emailed them, and I have also tried calling but no one has replied to my email yet. Furthermore, the chat bot is also suspended and an enquiry form is showing. Therefore, can you tell me any other alternative to reach out to the university.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear they haven't got back to you, I will contact them too and hopefully one of us will get a reply soon! I will keep you updated.

- Michelle :smile:
3rd year Biomedical Science Student at Surrey

Hi!

The admissions team are likely very busy at the moment so they will hopefully reply to your email soon. The admissions phone number is monitored Monday - Friday between 10am - 12noon and 2pm - 4pm so they may not have been available if you tried to call this weekend, so you can always try again during these times on +44 (0)1483 682222.

I hope this works and again please don't hesitate to reach out if this isn't resolved :smile:

Olivia
MSc Social Psychology
(edited 9 months ago)

Hi again,

I have had a reply from admissions. Could you please send us a private message confirming your name, email address and university number so that they can help you with your query.

- Michelle :smile:
3rd year Biomedical Science student at Surrey

Bro I have the same issue what did done after ?

Quick Reply

Latest