The Student Room Group

Waiting list aberdeen medical school

My daughter had resulted for he aberdeen medical school her application not pass and put her in waiting list is that mean ther is a hop or not ?
Reply 1
There are some people who got offers after being waitlisted last year cuz some people decline their offers so I’ll say there’s a chance but not sure how likely
Original post by Rasha adham
My daughter had resulted for he aberdeen medical school her application not pass and put her in waiting list is that mean ther is a hop or not ?

Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account and thank you for your question. So being put on the waiting list means that the applicant will be contacted should a space open up for us to make them an offer. This is dependent on someone else not accepting their place with us and so it's not a guaranteed spot. We would generally advise that you not refuse other offers in favour of waiting to see if you'll get on the course with us if that makes sense? There certainly is a chance that your daughter will be able to join us but as said it's not a guarantee. Please let us know if you have any more questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team
Reply 3
Original post by UoA Enquiry Team
Hi, this is the University of Aberdeen rep account and thank you for your question. So being put on the waiting list means that the applicant will be contacted should a space open up for us to make them an offer. This is dependent on someone else not accepting their place with us and so it's not a guaranteed spot. We would generally advise that you not refuse other offers in favour of waiting to see if you'll get on the course with us if that makes sense? There certainly is a chance that your daughter will be able to join us but as said it's not a guarantee. Please let us know if you have any more questions!

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Thank you so much Matthew no question really appreciate unfortunately my daughter she get very upset becuse she loved the university and loved aberdeen in general that's why I tried to clear everything for myself and I will try to help her take right decision in right time thanks again
Original post by Rasha adham
Thank you so much Matthew no question really appreciate unfortunately my daughter she get very upset becuse she loved the university and loved aberdeen in general that's why I tried to clear everything for myself and I will try to help her take right decision in right time thanks again

I can imagine that's a really difficult situation and I'm sorry to hear. If she'd like any more clarification on the waiting list and how it works she can contact [email protected] but her taking some time to make the right decision sounds like a good plan. All the best to her through this time.

- Matthew, Enquiry Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending