The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Welcome to Leicester - Ask us anything!

Congratulations to everyone who has secured a place with us, we can't wait to meet you all in September! #HelloLeicester

If you have any questions about starting at Leicester, please ask and we will do our best to answer them!

We also have a site dedicated to helping new students settle in, so why not check it out for more information: www.le.ac.uk/welcome

Shauna :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
can I have a personal fridge in my room in student halls?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by SarahLG16
can I have a personal fridge in my room in student halls?

Hi,

Personal fridges are only allowed if you have a medical need, in which case we will even provide it for you. But otherwise unfortunately not, however you will find that the communal fridges are more than big enough!

Hope this helps :smile:

Shauna
Reply 3
I received BBD but the course that I want to do has dropped to BCC, i've told that i'm still on the waiting list however.

Do you know roughly anytime I could receive a phone call/email from the University confirming whether i've been accepted or not?

Thanks!
Original post by NDrake99
I received BBD but the course that I want to do has dropped to BCC, i've told that i'm still on the waiting list however.

Do you know roughly anytime I could receive a phone call/email from the University confirming whether i've been accepted or not?

Thanks!

Hi,

Which course is this for?

Shauna
Hi
I sent an email to the admissions email saying I wanted to change course. Do you know when I will be told if I am able to change course?
Original post by TheLOLGuy
Hi
I sent an email to the admissions email saying I wanted to change course. Do you know when I will be told if I am able to change course?

Hi,

Thank you for emailing in. Our admissions team are getting through calls and emails as fast as possible and will get back to you in due course.

Thank you for your patience!

Shauna
Hi,is there a Halal option on the accommodation that includes Meal Plan?also, what is the price range ?
Original post by lonewolfjj
Hi,is there a Halal option on the accommodation that includes Meal Plan?also, what is the price range ?

Hello,

We try to meet all specific dietary requirements and we provide dietary info in all our outlets. If you're on the meal plan and you have any further requirements you can discuss them with our catering team at halls and we will work with you to meet your needs.

You can find more info about our meal plans here: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/applicants/our-accommodation/catered-package-1

I hope this helps! :smile:

Shauna
Hey. I'm doing engineering in September and I was wondering if there was anyway to start my studies now. I already know what modules I'm doing but is there any way to see specifically what my modules will entail so I can preparing now. Also is it possible to get lecture slides for my course early?
Original post by Thelultimate
Hey. I'm doing engineering in September and I was wondering if there was anyway to start my studies now. I already know what modules I'm doing but is there any way to see specifically what my modules will entail so I can preparing now. Also is it possible to get lecture slides for my course early?

Hi,

The best option would be to email your department and ask them if there is anything you can do to prepare for your studies in September.

Congratulations on getting your place and we can't wait to welcome you in September :smile:

Shauna
I've received my offer for my accomodation, I was just wondering when I can expect to get an exact flat number?
Original post by tiddy123
I've received my offer for my accomodation, I was just wondering when I can expect to get an exact flat number?

Hi,

You are guaranteed the room type and the property group that you have been offered. You will receive your room number on arrival when you collect your keys.

Shauna
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi,

You are guaranteed the room type and the property group that you have been offered. You will receive your room number on arrival when you collect your keys.

Shauna

Awesome, thank you very much.
Reply 14
So what exact date should we be in/arrive at our halls? My course says the start date is 25th Sep, but I believe freshers starts on the 25th too? Should we arrive a couple of days before the 25th?
Original post by A9M4D
So what exact date should we be in/arrive at our halls? My course says the start date is 25th Sep, but I believe freshers starts on the 25th too? Should we arrive a couple of days before the 25th?

Hi,
There is no set date which you should arrive in halls, but please note that if you are staying in Oadby Student Village the earliest you can move into your accommodation is Saturday 16 September 2017.

If this date is earlier than the date that your contract begins, additional charges will apply for bookings outside of your contract. More info can be found here: http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/accommodation/applicants/arriving/copy2_of_why-stay-in-halls

You may find that moving in a few days early will give you a chance to unpack your things and get settled, as well as to make new friends.

I hope this helps :smile:

Shauna
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi,
There is no set date which you should arrive in halls, but please note that if you are staying in Oadby Student Village the earliest you can move into your accommodation is Saturday 16 September 2017.

You may find that moving in a few days early will give you a chance to unpack your things and get settled, as well as to make new friends.

I hope this helps :smile:

Shauna

Do you know what the earliest arrival date for Opal court is?
Original post by A9M4D
Do you know what the earliest arrival date for Opal court is?

Hi,

The earliest you can move in to Opal Court is Saturday 9th September.

Shauna :smile:
What is the earliest arrival date for Nixon Court?
Reply 19
Hello there! I was wondering, after registering, I received an email, however my username does not work. I have gotten in touch with IT however is it because I am an international and will I become "fully registered student" when I arrive for my visa checkpoint.

Just wondering. Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending