The Student Room Group

Part time jobs during gap year

Hello everyone,

I didn't do so well in my A Levels this year so I'll be retaking the whole of History A Level and A2 Maths.

I won't be going travelling but I also just don't want to be stuck at home revising all day. So I was wondering what kind of part time jobs I should apply for that'll help me meet new people and that I can do around my studies?

Any advice would be great
Reply 1
bump^^
You could probably do up to 20 hours a week and save for university if you're only studying at home. Start applying to part time jobs or handing CVs into restaurants and shops.

You will be less bored,get more experience and have more money for university - I think it's a good idea

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retail, waitressing and bartending are two obvious ideas that can be quite flexible and would require you to work in a team and interact with the public. Other options could include tutoring GCSE/A-Level, being an extra, and pet sitting/babysitting, but they have varying levels of interaction with people.
Yeah maybe just apply locally to where you live this might be best. You could also mix up your time and check out seasonal jobs or even apply for a summer job abroad to get you something set up for once you have finished your studies.
I did a bit of bartending in my gap year whilst I was travelling, I met loads of people on the job and got to experience local life quite a bit.

Quick Reply

Latest