The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

International Relations/Economics

In my Highers I just got AAAAA, so I'm feeling reasonably confident that I would get into St. Andrews, but I am stuck between Economics and International Relations? Am I guaranteed a place in either? Are the job prospects better in one? Thank you!
No, you are not guaranteed a place. I applied back in November to a AAA course with A*A*AA predicted and got rejected. Could be as I applied as an English applicant, but still. Goes to show.

Both courses are great, you should look deeper into the course structure/modules to see which one would suit you best. You're gonna be investing a lot of time into this, make it count :smile:
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by NotKidding
No, you are not guaranteed a place. I applied back in November to a AAA course with A*A*AA predicted and got rejected. Could be as I applied as an English applicant, but still. Goes to show.

Both courses are great, you should look deeper into the course structure/modules to see which one would suit you best. You're gonna be investing a lot of time into this, make it count :smile:

Thank you! I am just going to try make my personal statement good to increase my chances...

What course was it you were rejected from? (If you don't mind my asking) :smile:
Original post by zoeellison
Thank you! I am just going to try make my personal statement good to increase my chances...

What course was it you were rejected from? (If you don't mind my asking) :smile:

Management. Got into UCL & KCL instead in the end so it turned out good :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending