The Student Room Group

I'm so bored, want to start a-levels already- am I the only one.

Literally, all I'm doing is listening to same damn music for the past week day n night because I can't think of anything else to do. Even asked my older brother if he wanted to play dominoes and he told me to piss off. Not even my younger sister wants to play with me and her age is like 10, she's like ' how old are you , grow up'. What???? , I swear the only thing kids do at that age is play all the time. Anyway At least school gave me purpose and something to do. And yeah I kno what you're thinking, do a bit of pre-reading if you miss school so much , well I already did that, quite a bit actually, so yeah anyone wanna play dominoes?

Scroll to see replies

Why don't you start studying early?
Reply 2
You're not the only one, I'm excited for the challenge of A Level. Also missing my mates cos its hard for us to meet up as my school has students from a wide area
Yes the long summer seems nice but it gets boring
Less than two weeks and we are off to school :smile: look at it that way .
Original post by Bad gcse's
Why don't you start studying early?

Already did a lot mate, if I do any more I've basically done the whole of A2, then i'll forget everything -.-.
Yes you are the only one
I don't think I have everrrrr related to something as much as this im sooooo bored haha. Literally bought some highlighters the other day and organised my pencil case and that's probably the most interesting thing I have done in the past few days, cant wait to start college
Reply 8
I'm in the same situation as you, but instead of A levels I just want to get back to my 2nd year at Uni.. it does get boring..

All the best and enjoy your A levels, college/Sixth Form was one of the best times I had..
Going as someone who has just finished her A-Levels do not wish for them to get here quicker. I did the same thing and this has to have been the worst 2 years of my life. Yes, its boring waiting, seen as it's all I'm doing too till I go to uni, but even I know now to enjoy this time off because once it ends it gone for two years. (Three for me)

Even when you finish your first year and waiting for your AS results you have the uni process to get through, enrollment to second year, work experience, gotta start your coursework for the next year, complete the masses of homework each subject has given you and then you still have all your family and friends to fit in. You don't get any let up at all.

Anyways I hope your a-levels go better than mine and even if you have studied a bit before you start, continue that because there is never enough study in A-Levels seen as you'll be up till 3am every morning doing it.
Let's do it. I hope you are no dominatrix! Although I fear that word has no correlation to dominoes. 🤔
Watch a new tv series or some films!
Play some online dominoes or perhaps a more captivating game. xD
Could look at some universities?
Learn a new skill like an instrument, sport or look up a list for inspiration.

Enjoy your freedom! Although Sixth Form is pretty chill so
Original post by Chichaldo
Let's do it. I hope you are no dominatrix! Although I fear that word has no correlation to dominoes. 🤔

Wait you can play dominoes online, WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS??? God almighty, you might have just saved my sanity, gonna play that until school starts. Thanks!

Omg , it even has multiplayer, I could kiss you I swear to God.
Original post by ihatehannah
Wait you can play dominoes online, WHY WAS I NOT AWARE OF THIS??? God almighty, you might have just saved my sanity, gonna play that until school starts. Thanks!

No problem?
Never played it online myself but there is pretty much everything out there these days. ;p
Enjoy
No problem?
Never played it online myself but there is pretty much everything out there these days. ;p
Enjoy

I've looked at pretty much all the universities and I know which ones I am applying to, even finished my personal statement. Would you like to have a read privately maybe?
Reply 15
Read a book. Find a videogame. There's literally so much stuff you can do.

Try "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins (biology, not religion), or if you like fiction then "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson.
Original post by 0zzu
Read a book. Find a videogame. There's literally so much stuff you can do.

Try "The Selfish Gene" by Richard Dawkins (biology, not religion), or if you like fiction then "Seveneves" by Neal Stephenson.

Na mate, playing dominoes multiplayer.
Dying to get back to college, now. So bored now and want to get on with something.
Original post by ihatehannah
Literally, all I'm doing is listening to same damn music for the past week day n night because I can't think of anything else to do. Even asked my older brother if he wanted to play dominoes and he told me to piss off. Not even my younger sister wants to play with me and her age is like 10, she's like ' how old are you , grow up'. What???? , I swear the only thing kids do at that age is play all the time. Anyway At least school gave me purpose and something to do. And yeah I kno what you're thinking, do a bit of pre-reading if you miss school so much , well I already did that, quite a bit actually, so yeah anyone wanna play dominoes?

Same, I really want to get into A Levels now and make a start since my GCSE results have motivated me. Plus I dont know how to explain it but it feels different going into Sixth form then coming back to Secondary School/GCSE, it feeks more relaxed, probably because Ill be getting to do what I want and my freedom and Ill rarely see the people I hated! Although I havent even been able to relax since Ive been doing NCS
(edited 6 years ago)
Lol and I thought I was the only one wanting to start my a levels😂

Quick Reply

Latest