The Student Room Group

Survival List: (9608) Computer Science in 1 year!

Hello reader,

I'm a returning student, at the A2 Level, who needs to take all four exams for Computer Science (CIE) in May 2018.

Mathematics
Physics
English Language

These are my choice of subjects.

What advice, resources and experiences can you share? I'm well versed with computers but need to learn how to program. I realise that there is a lot to cover in the course but with some help I know I can pull it off.

Clenching my teeth,
Safeer
Which language do you need to learn for your exams - if you're allowed to choose I would recommend Python due to it's relative simplicity. There are an abundance of programming tutorials across youtube, and if you're ever stuck stackoverflow is the place to look. Project Euler is a good website with programming challenges for beginners right through to advanced level to help you improve your skills. Also the AQA website has a pdf of programming challenges to do and I'm quite confident that the OCR one may do too :smile:

In terms of theory - I'm not familiar with the CIE spec but bitesize and Wikibooks have some good resources for theory - in addition to possibly buying the textbook/revision guide for the course :wink:

Nowadays you can google anything that is on the specification for the course that you don't understand though :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending